Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   I've got a brand new skirt (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512446)

HOWMANY 09-30-2007 01:08 PM

I\'ve got a brand new skirt

Full 60. I forget who villain was but I remember he's really aggro.

I raise QQ in MP, button coldcalls, villain calls in big blind.

Flop 862r

Villain checks, I bet, button calls, villain c/r, I 3bet, button folds, villain calls.

Turn 9 putting two hearts

Villain bets, I obviously don't need that $120 because I put only 6 chips into the pot.

vmacosta 09-30-2007 03:21 PM

Re: I\'ve got a brand new skirt

you made the right play i think.

there was no flushdraw on the flop so he should be less worried you 3-bet with a draw. So he prob has combo draw or a monster and its hard to give him enough other stuff to give you enough equity to raise/calldown (gotta start adding stuff like a9/k8, etc.).

drbk2 09-30-2007 03:31 PM

Yeah make it 12 chips on the turn. Really aggro players (I'm assuming he wasn't a good aggro player?) who are not good take this line when they have a hand worse than yours in my experience. I don't have to tell you that really good really aggro players do this with a huge range of hands, plus they can 3 bet with a hand like 8h7h (don't know which cards were which suit on the flop) putting you in a difficult spot. So calling against them would be fine.

HOWMANY 09-30-2007 04:39 PM

This hand was played at Commerce so there is basically no way the villain was good.

surfdoc 09-30-2007 09:09 PM

Raising is wrong here. I think this is a pretty decent spot to apply surfdoc's theorem. Unfortunately, I haven't fully written it up (I wanted to use it for the magazine but I am not sure anyone gives a shiit) yet so saying that doesn't help you. Basically, he probably knows your hand. He doesn't care about your hand. Act accordingly.

HOWMANY 09-30-2007 09:22 PM

I could easily have AT here.

surfdoc 09-30-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could easily have AT here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but he doesn't know what an expert you are.

BigBadBabar 09-30-2007 10:15 PM

i assume against aggrovillain you're not raisefolding the turn with an overpair against semiweird action, so i think calling the turn is absolutely the right play.

HOWMANY 09-30-2007 10:22 PM

Yeah I definitely can't fold to a 3bet because even if he turned me I will have a million outs to two pair a lot of the time.

Chris Daddy Cool 09-30-2007 10:41 PM

fwiw, most players aren't really sophisticated enough to go for bet-3-bet's on the turn with this flop action because its so unreliable.