Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   AJo sb multiway 2/4 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512379)

sebastien 09-30-2007 11:04 AM

AJo sb multiway 2/4

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB withA[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

flop:8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

turn:J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

is it really better to donk here??

river:3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets,

BubbleMint 09-30-2007 11:17 AM

Re: AJo sb multiway 2/4

I would donk.
Aces that missed will look you up, small pocket pairs will look you up, A9 and A8 are looking you up.

TheHip41 09-30-2007 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would donk.
Aces that missed will look you up, small pocket pairs will look you up, A9 and A8 are looking you up.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good player with AA, KK, QQ are going to raise this river all day. Also, a good player with AK will know this is a bet fold, so will probably raise this as well.

If you get raised, you can't really call.

ILOVEPOKER929 09-30-2007 12:29 PM

Why are we talking about donking the river? Lets go back in time and play this hand the way it should be played and check/raise the turn.

Edit: I thought the turn play was HU. I would just donk the turn in your scenario. If I misclicked the turn and checked, I would then check/raise.

NinaWilliams 09-30-2007 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good player with AA, KK, QQ are going to raise this river all day. Also, a good player with AK will know this is a bet fold, so will probably raise this as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see how anyone can have QQ+ here [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I donk this turn aswell to prevent a free card.

TheHip41 09-30-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see how anyone can have QQ+ here [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I donk this turn aswell to prevent a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

i misread the hand. yeah, just bet the turn, you have the nuts.

shane88888 09-30-2007 01:24 PM

If I had any indication that UTG will bet the turn, I'd go for the turn c/r.

If streets are checking through multiway in this game, then I'd donk.

In this spot, I'd prefer any K, Q, T, or x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]y[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is out of the hand, or pays two bets.