Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Say you are in a 6max game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511965)

CruNKinTILT 09-29-2007 03:35 PM

Say you are in a 6max game

And there is 5 players with 100bb stacks (including you) and one villain with a short stack of 30bb's. Where would be the optimal position for you to sit (hypothetically)?

Personally, I hate having shorstacks to my left the most, because I am pretty loose preflop and when they call or 3bet me preflop, it makes the whole hand harder to play.

At least that's what I feel.

Imrahil 09-29-2007 04:02 PM

Re: Say you are in a 6max game

To the left of the shorty.

Tooty816 09-29-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To the left of the shorty.

[/ QUOTE ]

hotbacon 09-29-2007 04:07 PM

100% depends on how the full stacks play/how bad they are

Jonezycat 09-29-2007 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
100% depends on how the full stacks play/how bad they are

[/ QUOTE ]

Shorty 2 to my right, big fish directly to my right.

dragonystic 09-29-2007 04:18 PM

his direct left is best. although with 30bb, position barely even matters. you want to be on his left not for the positional advantage in post flop play, but rather so you get first crack at his money before the other full stacks at the table.

hotbacon 09-29-2007 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
his direct left is best. although with 30bb, position barely even matters. you want to be on his left not for the positional advantage in post flop play, but rather so you get first crack at his money before the other full stacks at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
no.
the advantage of having shorty to your right is that you can open a lot more hands once he folds (ie play more optimally vs the bigstacks).
but this edge is nowhere near worth it if sitting to shorties left means that the ultra good 30/25 LAg will be on your left, etc.

dragonystic 09-29-2007 04:31 PM

LOL

Imrahil 09-29-2007 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no.
the advantage of having shorty to your right is that you can open a lot more hands once he folds (ie play more optimally vs the bigstacks).
but this edge is nowhere near worth it if sitting to shorties left means that the ultra good 30/25 LAg will be on your left, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I can't be raising 87s as much because the friggin short stack will be shoving all the time. But being on his left we get to act after him.

TheDivineRod 09-29-2007 04:37 PM

on TOP of the shorty