Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bodog Omaha 8 - Qualifying Low Hand? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511941)

Mimick 09-29-2007 02:32 PM

Bodog Omaha 8 - Qualifying Low Hand?

I was playing $25 PL O8 this morning and was involved in a hand that I should have won but didn't.

Community Cards 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The only other player in the pot had 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and took down the entire pot.

Now I've only been playing Omaha 8 for about 4 hours but didn't I win the low?

I've already e-mailed Bodog for an explanation. We'll see what they say.

bbartlog 09-29-2007 02:49 PM

Re: Bodog Omaha 8 - Qualifying Low Hand?

Bayesian logic says:
- odds that you made a mistake (like playing Omaha Hi rather than O8, or misreading the board): 99+%
- odds that Bodog's software made a mistake: 1-%

Mimick 09-29-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bayesian logic says:
- odds that you made a mistake (like playing Omaha Hi rather than O8, or misreading the board): 99+%
- odds that Bodog's software made a mistake: 1-%

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL You're probably right. There goes my career in Omaha. I'll go back to Hold Em now...

niss 09-29-2007 08:41 PM

This has happened to me on Bodog too.

Because I was at an Omaha high only table.

Sometimes the lobby goes to the high tables at sign on, I don't know why. And if I don't catch it ... oops.

Albino Lord 09-29-2007 09:42 PM

Don't feel too bad, I've done the same on BoDog. Thinking I'm in O/8 when it was Omaha high. If you just look for the table and not click the tag to switch over to O/8 its easy to make the mistake.

MiltyKiss 09-29-2007 09:44 PM

Sadly, I think alot of people have done this. I've been in a few hands where people will say that Bodog screwed up because they had a low when they were at an Omaha High table.

Also, I've done this too. I felt stupid, but didn't lose too much. :P

prodonkey 09-30-2007 02:39 AM

Easy to play hi on bodog and not realize it.. I've done it many times when the tab mysteriously switches to high for some reason.

rando 10-02-2007 10:46 AM

Is there more room on this sobbing bandwagon? Count me in.