Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   TT hand with Axx on board vs lag (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511671)

rzk 09-29-2007 12:44 AM

TT hand with Axx on board vs lag

villain is 45/21/1.4/35/3335
i've played around 40 hands or so with him. he might have been making some moves before but i never caught him.

is the flop b/c ok once he checks? if it's ok, what's the plan if the turn bricks?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6SB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: 7BB

Absolution 09-29-2007 12:50 AM

Re: TT hand with Axx on board vs lag

Take your free card on the flop.

rzk 09-29-2007 02:27 AM

you might be right. he has a lower pp, a higher pp, Ax, or a hand with 6+ outs against me. i was trying to balance the value of protection vs. avoiding being sexied.

ILOVEPOKER929 09-29-2007 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you might be right. he has a lower pp, a higher pp, Ax, or a hand with 6+ outs against me. i was trying to balance the value of protection vs. avoiding being sexied.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont need to worry about protection, If he had KQ he would probably bet the flop so he'll almost never have 6+outs against you.

vmacosta 09-29-2007 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you meant to say he always has an A, a better PP, or a worse hand he's intending to make a ridiculous bluff with.

Teja500 09-29-2007 03:59 AM

What about a cap preflop? I check flop behind and let him bet turn and river. Against a really lagy player u get run over when u fold your good pair only because there is an A on the Flop. Or am i wrong?

rzk 09-29-2007 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you meant to say he always has an A, a better PP, or a worse hand he's intending to make a ridiculous bluff with.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol point taken.

TheHip41 09-29-2007 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about a cap preflop? I check flop behind and let him bet turn and river. Against a really lagy player u get run over when u fold your good pair only because there is an A on the Flop. Or am i wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

tards, if you check the flop, it's with the intention of calling the turn and river.

When he takes this line, I just fold the flop.

rzk 09-29-2007 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tards, if you check the flop, it's with the intention of calling the turn and river.

When he takes this line, I just fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean you b/f this flop? or you check behind but fold as played?

Burnsabre 09-29-2007 08:51 AM

I like a cap preflop with position.

I suppose checking the flop and calling turn and river is best, but at the table I prolly bet/fold the flop. Even some of his ridiculous "bluffing" hands are hands that beat us (the IcantbelieveanaceflopswhenIholdabigpair thinking turns to hrmm, I wonder if this will work)