Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   I can't play aces. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510792)

Woolygimp 09-27-2007 06:41 PM

I can\'t play aces.

It doesn't matter if I have AAJT-ds or AAxx-ns, these hands just seem like gigantic spews to me. I'll raise the strong, and play more passively with the rag aces. I'll c-bet HU and get called 90% of the time. C/Fing on later streets. The times I do call, I almost always lose to something like K937.

Only hitting a set roughly 15% of the time, and a flush draw it becomes a pain in the ass to play these hands even in position.

3-way, I just c/f w/o the NFD or a set but even then I'm leaking tons of money. I just don't see how people play these god damn hands.

demon102 09-27-2007 06:44 PM

Re: I can\'t play aces.

what limits do u play?

wazz 09-27-2007 06:45 PM

Over how large a sample are we talking? AA is my most profitable hand by a long long way. You may be horrendously misplaying it. Post some hands.

Woolygimp 09-27-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what limits do u play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I've been playing 1/2 and 2/4 online for practice for the 10/25 and 5/10 PLO live game I play.

Sample size is somewhat small, I've only flopped one set of aces in roughly 100 hours of live play and 8 hours of 2 tabling online.

When I do c-bet, it seems that I get consistently c/red. I don't bet into more than 2 opponents, but even HU it's a pain in the ass.

I've lost more with this hand than any other hand by a longshot. I'm just never ahead, and even if my opponent only flops one pair they have almost 11-12 outs to improve w/o a striaght or flush draw.

There are a few other things I'm struggling with. If I pot the turn with 9T on a QJ78 board double suited, then I'm c/fing to over half the cards in the deck.

I also had someone c/r me on the turn with AKxx on a QQAK board and I folded QK. It's just a lot of [censored] like that, it feels like I'm folding the best hand far too often and when I do make a stand I get crushed.

thisnamedoesntfi 09-27-2007 06:57 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way until I bought Poker Tracker. Once I uploaded all the hands I had played I realised I was winning (A Lot) with Aces, just not every time.

I have felt like I overplayed AAxx a huge number of times and spewed money left and right with them but I have won 58% of the time I had AA and that makes them profitable to the tune of 194BB/100 hands.

Rob121 09-27-2007 07:29 PM

I guess the only answer is to fold aces preflop.

chucky 09-27-2007 08:06 PM

Part of your problem with aces may be that your preflop raising range is too narrow. Non-nut straights and fhs are very troublesome unless you get a good read on your opponent. Please post the hand history for the QQKA board. villian probably read weakness some where.

Elrazor 09-28-2007 03:15 AM

jeez if i took AAxx out of my starting hand range it would take me froma winning to a losing player, thats how important it is in PLO - post some AAxx hands and also your overall stats from Poker tracker

Woolygimp 09-28-2007 03:20 AM

Well, I'm check folding EVERY single time I don't flop a set or NFD 3-handed.

and I don't flop sets so it's like 95% of the time.

Elrazor 09-28-2007 03:50 AM

i c/bet AAxx 95% of the time i would say, regardless of board - if you are getting c/red alot it might be because you are not raising enough other hands pre flop - do you have poker tracker?