Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AK makes TPTK and faces donk bet on turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510746)

HouseCalls 09-27-2007 05:25 PM

AK makes TPTK and faces donk bet on turn

Donk bettor is 77/7.8/.8 after 77 hands - he has 7BB left after his bet
Donk bet caller is 45/1.4/1.4 after 71 - she has 6BB left after her call

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 9 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero??

What's your play and your plan for the river?

bellatrix 09-27-2007 05:48 PM

Re: AK makes TPTK and faces donk bet on turn

Raise it up, too much value with one more person in there! If 3-bet, probably call down. If called bet/call on a fairly non-threatening river.

Sushiglutton 09-27-2007 05:50 PM

Since he could have almost any two-pair or straight we may well be beaten. He may also picked up FD but doesn't seem like a player donking that into 3 opps. We also have the gut-shot 'problem'. If he 3-bet we can't really fold even if we feel extremely beat. Perhaps I'm weak but I would just call. Too many things could happen on the river.

Point Blank 09-27-2007 07:35 PM

OK ... clearly both these guy suck

against these guys raising isn't a bad option - mainly because they can play like this with such a wide range of holdings (I can't even imagine)
donker ... and board hit, any on the come hand, a 5 hit, hell an Ace-UI ... and of course and solid hand that he has no idea how to play

the caller can also have a wide range of hands ... if donker 3bet - i easily call down (this is complete crap so often)

now on the river after donker 3bet turn ... if middle retard raises (I could find a fold depending on the card - like a 3 or something:p)

hell ... I've had a guy do this with K2 and he called down - and other guy 3bet middle pair

Landonfan 09-27-2007 08:16 PM

I call because I run bad and expect Passive McUberfish to immediately 3ball me should I raise.

HU, this is an easy raise, but a lp donking the field is a huge hand way more often than you think. I'm tempted to raise, but I think I just call down.

HouseCalls 09-27-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call because I run bad and expect Passive McUberfish to immediately 3ball me should I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly this accurately summarizes my thought process on this hand.

Seriously I think with a donker and a caller one of them is likely to have a hand and not one that I want to fold to if its 3-bet.

OX45AL 09-27-2007 08:34 PM

[Grouching]
Since thier VPIP is so high they could have any thing, a Set, 63, a draw. with that range i say call, call. If is checked to you on the river bet it.

OziBattler 09-27-2007 08:43 PM

seems weak but I'd just call it down. I doubt this is a bluff and i dont want to get owned for extra bets. on the flip side this probably is random 2 pair very often so we have decent (including hidden) outs that I guess could be used in a case for raising. if villian is position aware then it could even be a set or straight even though lots of donks love to CR with those hands regardless of relative position.

so call down, see what he donks, play more hands, profit

neurotiq 09-27-2007 11:10 PM

I'd call down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

milesdyson 09-28-2007 05:37 AM

his hand likely improved on the 5. anything that improved on that 5 usually beats you. you can't fold to a 3-bet because pot will be big enough to chase your gutshot.

--&gt; call twice