Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Critique My Friend's Play Please - .50/1 flop broadway, turn royal (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510713)

Scorcho 09-27-2007 04:51 PM

Critique My Friend\'s Play Please - .50/1 flop broadway, turn royal

Missing the color since he C&P'd the thing to me over IM but you can still see it clear enough. He said that villain was "super aggro". He doesn't run PT so no stats.

I told him the fact that villain was super aggro meant that he completely misplayed this hand from start to finish. Your thoughts?

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with 10h Qh
3 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO raises, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: Kh As Jh (5.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

Turn: Ah (3.75BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

River: 6h (5.75BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero raises, CO calls.

Results:
Final pot: 9.75BB

numbnuts007 09-27-2007 05:15 PM

Re: Critique My Friend\'s Play Please - .50/1 flop broadway, turn royal

first, wrong forum.
second, fold pf.
third, probably b/3bet flop, maybe c/r, i guess my next choice would be to c/r the turn. No way i'm waiting until the river on this one. Just no way. especially against a "super agro" opponent.

mute 09-27-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I told him the fact that villain was super aggro meant that he completely misplayed this hand from start to finish. Your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

pf whatever, flop c/r or bet/3bet, turn c/r or bet/3bet, river def. bet/3bet.

Wolfram 09-27-2007 05:18 PM

*grunch*

Preflop is bad. If CO is super aggro, you don't want to open limp with a marginal hand 2 seats in front of him so that he can isolate you.

Flop is bad too, he'll go nuts with any piece of the board. Time to ram-n-jam.

Turn is horrible. How are you ever gonna win any money if you don't put in a raise. If villain has complete air and is semi-cognicent then he will give up on either the turn or the river. If he has a big hand, he'll go nuts. Start raising now. When you have the nuts on a board like this, where it's very likely that villain hit hard, then your only thought should be "Cap every street!".

As played, I guess river is fine. I don't think we have enough info to go for a b/3b so c/r for value (he'll probably fire one more with air, hoping you don't have a boat or a flush)

TheHip41 09-27-2007 05:32 PM

pf, whatever.

flop, c/r the flop and bet everytime it's your turn.

Scorcho 09-27-2007 05:55 PM

Sorry about the full ring hand. I'm a SSSH player and post here more than any other forum and automatically assumed this was a 6-max hand without even carefully observing it when he sent it to me.

Still, the same principles apply since the action opened from MP2.

Scorcho 09-27-2007 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*

Preflop is bad. If CO is super aggro, you don't want to open limp with a marginal hand 2 seats in front of him so that he can isolate you.

Flop is bad too, he'll go nuts with any piece of the board. Time to ram-n-jam.

Turn is horrible. How are you ever gonna win any money if you don't put in a raise. If villain has complete air and is semi-cognicent then he will give up on either the turn or the river. If he has a big hand, he'll go nuts. Start raising now. When you have the nuts on a board like this, where it's very likely that villain hit hard, then your only thought should be "Cap every street!".

As played, I guess river is fine. I don't think we have enough info to go for a b/3b so c/r for value (he'll probably fire one more with air, hoping you don't have a boat or a flush)

[/ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth, this is exactly what I told him. If he's gonna open QTs, he's gotta come with a raise.

If super aggro hit any real piece of that flop, he's going to be ramming and jamming right along with us. If he didn't and has a hand like a midpair or 87s or something like that, he's likely not going to pay us off on the turn unless he just happens to lose his mind. Thus, against a super aggro I think the play here is to hold down the bet/raise button.

Results in white:

<font color="white">In this case, the villain had AJ for the 2nd nut boat and as a super aggro this hand could have easily been capped on all streets, costing our Hero a significant amount of big bets.</font>

Oink 09-28-2007 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In this case, the villain had AJ for the 2nd nut boat and as a super aggro this hand could have easily been capped on all streets, costing our Hero a significant amount of big bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is one of the reasons your friend will never play above 0.5/1.

This hand is so terrible it makes me wanna cry

Gib 09-28-2007 02:48 AM

wow CO just calls that river c/r with a boat!!!

Spidey Sense maybe?

NinaWilliams 09-28-2007 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow CO just calls that river c/r with a boat!!!

Super user maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]