Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   JJ in a 3bet pot and flop is purrty ooogly (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510674)

HoldEmNewby 09-27-2007 04:13 PM

JJ in a 3bet pot and flop is purrty ooogly

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $100.89
BB: $137.24
UTG: $98.50
CO: $105.08
BTN: $275.34

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14.00</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $10.00

Flop: ($29) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero???
<font color="blue">First time where I 3bet villain. He runs at 29/20/1.5 over about 50 hands for what its worth. B/f, c/c, c/f?
</font>

Lordy 09-27-2007 04:25 PM

Re: JJ in a 3bet pot and flop is purrty ooogly

I think my default would be to c/c flop, c/f turn.

BanZaY 09-27-2007 04:44 PM

He seems a little loose pf...passive af...and likely to have a wide range of hands (fast hands =p).

So, in that board you can do a standard bet and push to a quick raise, with a quick raise and that board he seems likely to have a combo draw or something like that.

With normal timing and a raise. Fold.
If he calls the c-bet in the turn if a blank cards comes bet again.
Check the river.

Sorcerer808 09-27-2007 04:47 PM

So... what did SB do
EDIT ; oh, thought you were BTN

Since it's the first time you 3bet him you can't assume he's calling 3bets light. IMO this flop hits his range way too hard, I'd c/f. With a little bit more history I'd do like Lordy said

2Paul2 09-27-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
B/f, c/c, c/f?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh b/c. You have decent enough equity vs a guy w/ those stats range that you dont know to well.

NewHope 09-27-2007 04:51 PM

I would just c/f flop in a 3 way pot then if checked around take a stab on a non scary turn.

Stonewalled 09-27-2007 04:55 PM

I usually bet/fold here (unless his raise is very small).

If he calls and the turn is a blank, I'll usually fire a 2nd barrel. The reason I would fire would be b/c if he calls on the flop he often will be on a draw, have a marginal hand, or be floating.

HoldEmNewby 09-27-2007 04:55 PM

I bet $18, villain raises to $36.
Raise or call? Whats your line on a blank turn card?

NewHope 09-27-2007 05:01 PM

you bet 18 on flop and he min raised you. Min raises always end up being a big hand and having Mid pair on a draw heavy board i would just fold. I would def not raise. he is such a loose player he could def have Kx, QJ, 9T. and if you call you cant continue on the turn if he bets, which he is gonna do.

Stonewalled 09-27-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet $18, villain raises to $36.
Raise or call? Whats your line on a blank turn card?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's the first time I've seen him do it, I'm calling the flop. On a blank turn card, I'm check/folding. If the card is very good for me on the turn, I'm not sure whether I'd check/call or crai. (Actually, I'd crai, in light of the small amount left in the stacks at that point.)

If I've seen him only miniraise marginal hands or draws on the flop, I'd make a substantial 3-bet (AI due to stack sizes remaining).