Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AA rerasied pot oop, what to do on turn??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510599)

prodonkey 09-27-2007 11:49 AM

AA rerasied pot oop, what to do on turn???

Villain is 23/18/1.5
I don't think I have played a single hand at this table, not sure if he notices or not, prolly not.

Bet fold is looking like the best line to me. I have no clue what I'm going to get value from.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB ($77.15)
UTG ($73.70)
MP ($50.45)
CO ($49.45)
Button ($123.45)
Hero ($56.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $4.

Flop: ($12) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, UTG calls $8.

Turn: ($28) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

whyzze 09-27-2007 11:54 AM

Re: AA rerasied pot oop, what to do on turn???

betting is the worst thing you can do here imo.

crai. if he checks. then b/c river.

Just because he called the flop does not mean he has a king. I was watching a video a few weeks ago and the guy said 'I never fold aces in a 3bet pot'. And i agee.

munkey 09-27-2007 11:55 AM

I hate b/f here on the turn in 3bet pot - you want to put in what 28 of our stack intending to fold.

Check and see what he does. I may c/call, c/fold or c/r AI - prob not vs him unless he'll bluff some % time. If you be tthe turn I think only hand that beat u KK/AK and bluffs shove, QQ/JJ/tt fold which might call a river bet and check the turn or bet themselves once.

prodonkey 09-27-2007 11:59 AM

What is calling an all in check raise? Probably nothing I beat. I might be able to get a river bet out of 44-QQ if we both check the turn.

If I bet the turn he'll either call or raise with a K, or sets.. and probably call with quite a few hands I beat such as 88.

Logun 09-27-2007 12:04 PM

I can't see the villain getting past the flop without a king here often enough as these levels to make continuing with this hand +ev.

I hate the crai line. You won't get anymore value out of any hand that doesn't include a king, whereas you felt against opponents with the King.

I think I'm inclind to check the turn and evaluate his action (and bit bet size should he bet)

munkey 09-27-2007 12:08 PM

prodonkey

The turn c/r AI I'll ONLY if his range inludes him bluff betting turn without a better hand - because if we raise he has to call AI[given potsize] or worse[for him] he folds and gives up a big pot.

I'll c/r AI only if he'll bluff bet a decent % time which may be QQ/JJ - 80% time and with no 3bet history I'll c/call or c/fold. I'll also check turn with almost all other hands.

I doubt he'll call turn with many worse hands [88]unless he's commiting on the river but he may bluf bet them or on river.

check turn, if bet @ you have a decision if checked through bet or c/call river.

Perk76 09-27-2007 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the crai line. You won't get anymore value out of any hand that doesn't include a king, whereas you felt against opponents with the King.

I think I'm inclind to check the turn and evaluate his action (and bit bet size should he bet)

[/ QUOTE ]

A ton of villans will use this opportunity to take the hand away from you, and thats where the value comes in from CRAI, and then QQ/JJ type hands will have to call at that point. I am not stating CRAI is best for that matter, just an example of where the value comes in.

traz 09-27-2007 12:09 PM

I probably cc turn, cf river. I hate betting the turn and I hate crai

munkey 09-27-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A ton of villans will use this opportunity to take the hand away from you, and thats where the value comes in from CRAI, and then QQ/JJ type hands will have to call at that point. I am not stating CRAI is best for that matter, just an example of where the value comes in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Perk said it better and we're thinking along the same lines.

prodonkey 09-27-2007 12:15 PM

I checked, villain bet $20 which really doesn't give any room to maneuver.. if I call the 20, I've got almost 2/3 of my stack in the pot and really can't fold on any river.