Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Pullup Bar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510241)

Efourdee 09-26-2007 10:08 PM

Pullup Bar

I have the old fashioned metal bar that you screw plates into the door frame to attach.

I am looking for the one that stays on the door through the tension you place on the handles. Basically one of these
Pull Up Bar.

I can't seem to find any others through google, so before I go spending 100.00 bucks on a pullup bar, anyone know where they sell something like this for cheaper?

Blarg 09-26-2007 10:16 PM

Re: Pullup Bar

There's one called the Door Gym that usually goes for about 60 bucks. It's on Amazon, who also have more than one maker of this kind of thing. They're also made by Everlast and a few other companies too.

Efourdee 09-26-2007 10:45 PM

Perfect! Thank you sir.

kyleb 09-27-2007 03:15 AM

Yeah, the Door Gym rocks. I don't have one, but my friend does. Works well.

N 82 50 24 09-27-2007 05:17 AM

I have a Door Gym... recent purchase. I like it so far, very sturdy feel and smart design.

AZK 09-27-2007 09:01 AM

Door gym is good, but if you want to alter your grips it's pretty difficult to do...seems kinda cheapish and I could see it coming apart after 6 months, mine started to loosen... If you have any interest in ever taking your pull up bar with you, I can't recommend this enough...I bought it and love it, it hangs off my loft 99% of the time, but occasionally if I want to go run on the track and do a circuit with pull ups ill bring it (aka never)...

www.againfaster.com just navigate for the pull up bar...

AZK 09-27-2007 09:04 AM

looks like it's out of stock...sorry.

Efourdee 09-27-2007 05:44 PM

I ended up going with the $100.00 item. It's the only one that will fit my doors.

I'll update with a report on how bad I got ripped off.

Alobar 09-27-2007 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Door gym is good, but if you want to alter your grips it's pretty difficult to do...seems kinda cheapish and I could see it coming apart after 6 months, mine started to loosen... If you have any interest in ever taking your pull up bar with you, I can't recommend this enough...I bought it and love it, it hangs off my loft 99% of the time, but occasionally if I want to go run on the track and do a circuit with pull ups ill bring it (aka never)...

www.againfaster.com just navigate for the pull up bar...

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks like it would be a pain to setup and level, is it?

FollowTheMusic 09-28-2007 01:14 PM

Plans to build your own for roughly $20 here . Haven't built it, don't know how well it works, but it looks solid.