Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   20/40 foxwoods, basic checkup (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509470)

BigBadBabar 09-26-2007 12:31 AM

20/40 foxwoods, basic checkup

one last hand for nina.

full table.

i raise a[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]k[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in ep, first in, get 3bet by a normalish player whose 3bet range is pretty tight. he's not 3betting something like AT or 77 here for example.
all fold, i call.

flop AQ5 rainbow. how do you all tend to proceed here? we reckon that we're about 50/50 against his pfr 3bet range -- is that a fair assessment?

(babar's thinking: this could be standardy wa/wb like cc cc and bet riv?)

SNOWBALL 09-26-2007 12:50 AM

Re: 20/40 foxwoods, basic checkup

we're behind to 10 hands(AA, QQ, AQ), and ahead to either nine or 15 depending on whether he 3 bets us PF with TT. Whenever we are ahead we are way ahead, and whenever we are behind, we are way behind. Sounds like WA/WB to me.

*TT* 09-26-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one last hand for nina.

full table.

i raise a[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]k[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in ep, first in, get 3bet by a normalish player whose 3bet range is pretty tight. he's not 3betting something like AT or 77 here for example.
all fold, i call.

flop AQ5 rainbow. how do you all tend to proceed here? we reckon that we're about 50/50 against his pfr 3bet range -- is that a fair assessment?

(babar's thinking: this could be standardy wa/wb like cc cc and bet riv?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is 60/40 if the range is JJ+,AQs+,AKo, include TT and the hero is 66.6%, if he is super-duper tight (which isnt normal) and his range is just QQ+,AKs,AKo then he is a 2% fav. What do you think his range is?

PS: Hero can't bet the river unless hero plans on calling a raise with a c/c, c/c, b line

cgrohman 09-26-2007 10:11 AM

I would 4 bet pre-flop. I feel as though your line does not get enough money in the pot.

KitCloudkicker 09-26-2007 10:16 AM

with no cap HU i dont like a pf 4 bet against a very tight range.

c/c down seems fine here. take away the Q and i use a c/c c/c/ b/c

jba 09-26-2007 10:21 AM

check call the flop, bet/fold turn, bet/fold river.

Yads 09-26-2007 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this or you can c/c the whole way.

*TT* 09-26-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your taking a Wa/Wb line on this hand c/c river is far better than bet/fold. Betting the river is pointless, villain is often betting with a hand that beats the hero, and not calling a bet with too many hands that the hero beats.

blindside 09-27-2007 01:51 AM

it sort of depends on how comfortable you are folding a hand hu to this person and how often he'll see a showdown against you with a worse hand...

something like a c/c, c/c, b/f line is ok imo if you can fold comfortably against this opponent.. c/c'ing we're hoping to tie usually if this guy isn't used to making thin value bets with KK... i think he's most likely to call with that than bet it on the river for us...

also it'll usually go something like c/c, and he'll check behind the turn and he may or may not call a river bet if you're ahead.... and you may get an extra bet out of a hopeful KK on the turn...

James. 09-27-2007 08:51 AM

if you aren't reraising AKs here, what hands are you 4betting pf against this guys range?

2-2.5bbs postflop please.