Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ATs bvb, villain 3bets pre (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509243)

ShowUthExit 09-25-2007 06:00 PM

ATs bvb, villain 3bets pre

Ive been very active/aggressive the past 3 orbits. But I've been getting hit hard by the deck... bb might think I'm a maniac but I haven't shown down one marginal hand, only the goods...

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $199
CO: $234.60
Button: $139.40
Hero: $520.55
BB: $177.90

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $17</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($34, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $28</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($90, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $56</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ?

put him in? call again? fold?????

IceCrystal 09-25-2007 06:20 PM

Re: ATs bvb, villain 3bets pre

Bet the flop. Or donkbet the turn. As played, his range could be very wide and you have no information. If you tried to induce a bluff, you have to call the turn.

thac 09-25-2007 06:23 PM

I play it the same if you called the turn. I'd c/c river I think. You can fold but bvb I think he's more apt to bluff and you have an aggressive image. If he has JJ+ it's a cooler.

thac 09-25-2007 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop. Or donkbet the turn. As played, his range could be very wide and you have no information. If you tried to induce a bluff, you have to call the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate everything about betting flop and donking turn.. :\

IceCrystal 09-25-2007 06:49 PM

Do you really think he will 3-barrel bluff against an opponent who raised preflop, then called the flop and the turn? JJ+ is much more likely if there is a river bet.

EWS87 09-25-2007 06:51 PM

i feel pretty confident we are good here...hes not sitting on a full buyin...i crai turn and get it in if we have to

thac 09-25-2007 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think he will 3-barrel bluff against an opponent who raised preflop, then called the flop and the turn? JJ+ is much more likely if there is a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

People do stupid [censored] against an aggressive guy bvb, especially if the draw misses I'd be more inclined to call.

ShowUthExit 09-25-2007 08:50 PM

K, I shoved this... I was thinking that bb was making a move due to my image. Villain folded but Im not sure shoving is the correct play. Would there be more value in calling and checking the river to him hoping he took another stab? I just hate when i call and then paint falls on the river and I'm facing another big bet...

EWS87 09-25-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
K, I shoved this... I was thinking that bb was making a move due to my image. Villain folded but Im not sure shoving is the correct play. Would there be more value in calling and checking the river to him hoping he took another stab? I just hate when i call and then paint falls on the river and I'm facing another big bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

you can do that if you want...its up to you...but you have to be calling no matter what falls and making plays like this may increase EV but it will increase variance even more so be ready for it

RUDIKULOUS 09-25-2007 08:53 PM

I fold pre here a lot.