Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   River Spew? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=507704)

Caffeinated 09-23-2007 06:16 PM

River Spew?

Not quite sure what I should have done. I was fuming from a previous hand where my full house Kings over nines lost to someone make quads with runner runner 9s on turn and river so when this hand came up I was frazzled.

I initially placed MP2 on a weak ace or perhaps with a King since he was playing pretty decent from the time i was on the table for showdowns. UTG was a bit soft with the last 2 showdowns i saw him going to so was not to threatened by him.

I was pretty sure i was ok on the turn but am wondering if betting the river was a mistake since was good chance villain had been calling with a king in hand. I was going to fold if he raised me.

UTG 20 VIP 5 PFR over 40 hands
MP2 24 VIP .43PFR over 78 hands

Looking at it now i think my mistake was going for check raise on turn , pretty dumb now after reading the hand again. I was the aggressor so why should i expect them to bet, i suppose i was hoping to inspire a bluff by looking weak so this in itself might be a Leak in my game with trying to get to fancy and losing bets.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

River: (7.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

Xylocain 09-23-2007 06:22 PM

Re: River Spew?

Bet flop yo. You raised pre flop, so you bet the flop for value and for deception.

Bet turn, WTF? Are you going for another c/r? why in the world would you think your opponents would allow you to do that with hands that you beat?

Well you got the river right.

BigBadBabar 09-23-2007 06:27 PM

raise flop, bet all streets, profit

it's not hard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Christian_Peters 09-23-2007 06:27 PM

Bet the flop.
Bet the turn.
Bet the river.

tyler_cracker 09-23-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was fuming from a previous hand where my full house Kings over nines lost to someone make quads with runner runner 9s on turn and river so when this hand came up I was frazzled.

[/ QUOTE ]

when this happens, take a break. don't play on tilt. ever.

and yeah, don't play like a retard with TP2K.

Landonfan 09-23-2007 06:33 PM

Lead every street.

Caffeinated 09-23-2007 06:36 PM

Thanks. After reading the responses and revisiting the hand i played it like a complete idiot.

For some reason i was looking to lose this hand or playing like it. I suppose i was tilting. The quad hand was capped on all streets so after losing that hand i was playing very stupid. Next time i will walk away from the PC for a while and not continue playing.