Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   the bluff of my lifeeeeee (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=507345)

bknollenberg 09-23-2007 05:52 AM

the bluff of my lifeeeeee

yes, it's not for the most money or anything, but the hand i pushed him off and how the hand played out makes this poker masturbation. come one, come all, and let us have grand ol' masturbatory poker bluffaments!

oh and i called the flop with the intent of bluffing anyone off whatever they had. LOL GOODREADAMENTS.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $35.05
BB: $25.00
UTG: $8.40
MP: $25.00
CO: $9.60
Hero (BTN): $0.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 3 folds, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.55) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.75</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $0.75

Turn: ($4.05) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.75</font>, Hero calls $2.75

River: ($9.55) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.65</font>, SB folds
Uncalled bet of $7.65 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $9.55 ($0.45 Rake)

Villain: yea i haev 55
Villain: yea i cant call
*shows 10 8*
Other Guy: you are my hero
Villain: only god damn card in deck to hit there for that to work for you
Hero: well if you bet anything at all on the river there i fold

Harry Fong 09-23-2007 05:55 AM

Re: the bluff of my lifeeeeee

Belongs in BBV

KRE8R 09-23-2007 06:10 AM

Why did you waste the bluff of your life on NL25?

And then you educate them in the chat??

monkover 09-23-2007 06:12 AM

you´re my hero

kindergartencop 09-23-2007 06:25 AM

this is not good. congrats on a terrible flop call being rewarded with a miracle turn and river. maybe i am being levelled....

bknollenberg 09-23-2007 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is not good. congrats on a terrible flop call being rewarded with a miracle turn and river. maybe i am being levelled....

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe you missed the part where i called with the intention of taking the pot away later.

f all the haters!

kindergartencop 09-23-2007 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe you missed the part where i called with the intention of taking the pot away later.

f all the haters!

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you are being silly. or good read that you would move him off a set on the turn or river.......

whyzze 09-23-2007 07:02 AM

umn...raise the flop?

bknollenberg 09-23-2007 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

f all the haters!

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you are being silly. or good read that you would move him off a set on the turn or river.......

[/ QUOTE ]
[x] villian did not have a set

Khumalo 09-23-2007 08:14 AM

(Disclaimer: OP is probably leveling and doesn't want a serious response and already knows everything below, but this is the strat forum, not BBV, so here goes.)

OP, weird hand! Your multi-street bluffing plan isn't nearly as convincing or coherent as other bluff lines you can take here.

When a (non-nit) micro-NL villain leads less than 1/2 pot OOP HU into you, the PFR, a standard and fairly successful bluffing plan is to immediately make something like a pot-sized raise (you can go with a little less, depending on various factors.) Often, villain will fold his weak hand / draw after his transparent 'probe' bet for information, or reluctantly see the turn, check it you, and fold to a 2/3 pot second barrel.

Admittedly, you need a read that villain is not one of those not infrequent super-stations who never folds bottom pair / gutshots / Ace high even in the face of two or more large bets and raises.

You floated him twice (!) in position, against the grain of your pf initiative, and then woke up on the river abruptly when he checked to you. This kind of line doesn't sell very well, especially since no scare cards really came, there were no draws you could rep, you let villain dictate the action, and your mere calling down of his puny bets is very non-intimidating.

What gives yo!