Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Dealling with fleas and bedbugs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=507027)

UptownExpress 09-22-2007 05:40 PM

Dealling with fleas and bedbugs

I would like some advice as this has become a problem for one of my roomates who just moved in because the previous inhabitants had fleas/bedbugs (i'm not sure on the exact zoology) so do we just call an exterminator or what?

if wejust get rid of the mattress are we done?

do they exist in the rug perhaps also?

HELP

Blarg 09-22-2007 05:44 PM

Re: Dealling with fleas and bedbugs

Bedbugs live in the walls. They sleep mostly in there until food is around. If you have had bedbugs for a while, getting rid of them can be very expensive and difficult. It can be kind of a disaster.

It's Brandt 09-22-2007 06:21 PM

It's probably impossible to find any reliable information about this on google.

sebbb 09-22-2007 07:02 PM

I think the only real way to get rid of them is to throw away all your stuff and move to another place

MissT74 09-22-2007 07:10 PM

From what I remember (a TV show on them) they feed off your dead skin, so as long as you keep the bedding washed on a weekly basis (hot water) you should be able to control them, but I think it's a losing battle and most people have them, just don't know it. If you know it, then you have too many due to lack of clean linens and/or the dead skin left behind after sleeping.

T

Los Feliz Slim 09-22-2007 07:45 PM

So you have fleas. Maybe you keep your house in a state of disrepair. Maybe you live in squalor.

Quicksilvre 09-22-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
getting rid of them can be very expensive and difficult

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT...they are highly resistant to most pesticides.

kkcountry 09-22-2007 08:20 PM

anybody else read this at first glance as "dealing with fleas and beedogs"?

328ifly 09-22-2007 08:58 PM

my roomate had em and they migrated to my room. He threw his bed away. I have a $900 bed so that wasnt an option.

It was during the winter so I moved my mattress into the garage for 1.5 wks and they couldnt survive the winter. When I checked my bed i saw them all frozen dead on the mattress and bed spring.

When I moved my mattress back into the house I covered the mattress and bed spring with bedsheets so there was no way they could hide inside the bed.

It worked. good luck

jaydub 09-22-2007 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the only real way to get rid of them is to burn all your stuff, the rest of the block for completeness, and move to another place

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on now, fire is clearly the solution to this problem.

J