Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   prima 1-2 ... 55 in ep (PFR and check fold flop) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506247)

Point Blank 09-21-2007 01:54 PM

prima 1-2 ... 55 in ep (PFR and check fold flop)

after 100 hands ... i'm playing around a 18/14/18.0

my ep open raises are getting a lot of 'respect'

table is 9handed ... and very tight (but somewhat passive) - i of course have bad table selection and have the only LAG on my right (which is why i imagine many are respecting my PFR in EP)

preflop i get 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in UTG1 (or MP1)

<font color="red">i raise</font> ... folded to tight it OTB (10/5/2.2) who calls, and weak tight BB calls

flop ... K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, <font color="red">i check</font>, OTB bets ... BB folds, I fold

i can't see what this guy is cold calling my ep pfr with otb .. AK, JJ, KQs (QQ or AQs???) ... i also think check looks like a set or nothing (c.r/F ... when into my head for a moment, but thought it might not be the best time)

anyways ... anyone waste a bet with following up here?
if so ... why?

ThunderEagle 09-21-2007 01:59 PM

Re: prima 1-2 ... 55 in ep (PFR and check fold flop)

This is one of the reasons I have CC% as one of my stats in PAH. If this guys likes to CC some, I may make a continuation bet here. If he has an insanely low CC number, I'm playing it they way you did.

tyler_cracker 09-21-2007 02:05 PM

if you're not going to bet 99% of flops, there is no reason to raise preflop.

and yeah, it's scary when kerowo and bona coldcall you, but i fire one here, hope they fold TT, and pretty much give up after that.

Point Blank 09-21-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and yeah, it's scary when kerowo and bona coldcall you, but i fire one here, hope they fold TT, and pretty much give up after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

well ... 3way i almost always bet ... i raise preflop in this spot (not really wanting to see a flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) but the wrong guy cold calls me

you think he CCs with TT? ... perhaps if I can include hands past JJ (TT, 99??) i might be able to bet the flop ...

say the flop come down with only K or Q or A ... i always bet here (but the K and Q present some issues for me ... and two toned)

what about meta??

i raise PF and check fold flop (very out of character for me) ... i've obviously raised with a weak hand (if I bet fold, or bet flop &amp; check turn ... who knows what I have

in this spot we clearly have a number of guys who are 'watching the game' and know think I don't raise very light in EP

ThunderEagle 09-21-2007 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good point, I guess for myself, if I get to the point where I'm raising 55 preflop, the table either is insanely tight, or I'm on tilt. In either case, I guess I would bet the flop, but mostly I'm not raising this from EP.