Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL 25 Do i pay this shorty off? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506171)

xeanatic 09-21-2007 12:13 PM

NL 25 Do i pay this shorty off?

His turn c/r scares me. I know villian is short and prob should just shove but how many times are we ahead here?
Is it enough to be +EV?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $6.65
BB: $12.75
Hero (UTG): $25.00
MP: $28.60
CO: $27.15
BTN: $12.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 4 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, BB calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $6.00</font>, Hero?

mookboi 09-21-2007 12:29 PM

Re: NL 25 Do i pay this shorty off?

I think it's read dependent. Seeing that he's playing with a short stack, he's probably not exactly aba. So... I just push him in. I expect us to be behind here a fairly good amount of time, and don't think this decision is a lot +EV. However, I think folding here is just weak and a lot less EV than pushing him in.

I also try to be really aggro against shortstacks though, so, grain of salt.

senorquinn 09-21-2007 01:12 PM

This hand is certainly read dependent. Id say the decision here is whether to bet the turn or not. If you think your opponent is a station who will let you know with a check raise if he has more then top pair you bet and fold to the c/r. If he s tight aggro you check back the turn as you give up too much to the check raise. If he is loose though with the c/r you shove.

kurto 09-21-2007 01:13 PM

I know this is bad but... I almost always pay off the shorties because they're quite often the worst players at the table and play horribly.

CrAcK_N_CoKe 09-21-2007 01:29 PM

I dont think its + or - EV , just shove cuz hes a [censored] short stack and we hate them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Also if u double him up , u can be confident youll get all your money back , why? DUDE , THIS IS A SHORT STACK WE ARE TALKING ABOUT [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] just pray someone doesnt do it before u [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Milky 09-21-2007 02:00 PM

Meh, I would have just checked behind on the turn unless villain is a passive calling station. As played, meh, just get it all-in there. You're probably beat but maybe not. I've seen short stacks do all kinds of weird things.

Logun 09-21-2007 02:07 PM

shove and then take note on what he defends with while short.