Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   KK deep, bet sizing? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506111)

dirtylobster 09-21-2007 10:39 AM

KK deep, bet sizing?

How's the 4-bet size preflop? Should I have raised to 30ish with these stacks? How much would you make it with standard 100bb stacks? Also, the c-bets is a bit smallish and should probably have been bigger as it could be interpreted as weak and I'd have a hard time calling a shove as these guys were pretty weak/passive postflop. Should I have bet/folded like $40?

And I assume no one goes broke on this flop? His range IMO is like JJ+/AK. I've been pretty aggressive but I don't see him making any dumb moves w/ AK or TT.

SB: 14/5/1.3
BB: 47/5/1.6

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $101.20
BB: $126.30
UTG: $17.80
MP: $51.80
CO: $23.15
Hero (BTN): $117.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $5.50</font>, BB calls $5.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24.00</font>, SB calls $18.50, BB folds

Flop: ($53.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $30.00</font>

dirtylobster 09-21-2007 10:40 AM

Re: KK deep, bet sizing?

Actually I wouldn't like any other action than a fold from SB here. What's your line if he 1) calls 2) shoves?

Nielsio 09-21-2007 10:54 AM

????

You have $47 effective behind after the flop bet. All this talk about b/f is dumb.

Preflop 4-bet seems a little big. Let's translate this to 1/2 sizes: you raise to 7, sb reraises to 22, bb coldcalls, you then reraise to 96, with a 470 stack. mmmm. Meh, I guess it ok.

dirtylobster 09-21-2007 11:00 AM

The guy's very passive and he's not shoving a worse hand IMO. Maybe AhKh. Check/calling is pretty stupid as is check/folding. Check/raising could have it's merits. You'd bet/call? What do you expect a 14/5/1.3 to shove here?

skibbel 09-21-2007 11:02 AM

don't consider folding

dirtylobster 09-21-2007 11:07 AM

So what do you consider his shoving range?

skibbel 09-21-2007 11:10 AM

KK+,some QQ

Nielsio 09-21-2007 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy's very passive and he's not shoving a worse hand IMO. Maybe AhKh. Check/calling is pretty stupid as is check/folding. Check/raising could have it's merits. You'd bet/call? What do you expect a 14/5/1.3 to shove here?

[/ QUOTE ]

AhKh would be pretty bold and aggressive [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously though,

Just because someone is a nit doesn't mean he's good. I don't see any reads described which is bad when you're playing this deep. Villain could be incredibly tight/weak or he could be tight/awful.

If he's tight/weak then I doubt he's calling preflop with JJ; which leaves AA/QQ/AKs, which makes this an pretty standard bet/call.

But again, there is no way you could ever bet/fold here given the odds, and you should also always bet here, so there is really nothing else to do except bet/call.

If you really want to be looking to get away from your KK then you should 4-bet smaller, like $18; but again, *develop reads* so you can act on it.

donpeters 09-21-2007 11:17 AM

I would have raised to more like $15-20 PF, lessening the pot on the flop, and then bet around 3/4 the pot on the flop.

I'm calling an all-in PF unless I have a solid read.

He called your RR PF OOP, and with one more player to act, so I'm doubting AA. You're only really worried about JJ here, and AKd you're still a favorite against, so I'm calling a CR all-in here also as you'll be ahead many more times than not.

dirtylobster 09-21-2007 11:48 AM

Ok, thanks all for your input. He folded and said he had QQ.