Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Notre Dame into the Big 10???? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505820)

ArcticKnight 09-20-2007 10:54 PM

Notre Dame into the Big 10????

I know it's not a new idea, but the new discussion may be timely.

What do you folks think of Stewart Mandel's article on si.com that Notre Dame and the Big 10 need other, and that the time is right for ND to move into the Big 10?

I'm not going to post a link (not sure if I'm allowed??), but I'm sure you'll find it easy enough.

So, is this move overdue?? Discussion....

MEbenhoe 09-20-2007 10:56 PM

Re: Notre Dame into the Big 10????

posting links is fine, posting full article in thread is not. Also, would love to see Notre Dame join the Big Ten, hopefully it would mean the addition of a conference championship game which would be awesome imo.

highlife 09-20-2007 10:58 PM

please no.

why is this discussion timely? I've been hearing this crap for the last 10 years at least.

Needle77 09-20-2007 11:02 PM

Why would they go into the Big 10 when every other one of their sports is in the Big East?

NozeCandy 09-20-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would they go into the Big 10 when every other one of their sports is in the Big East?

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Because conferences can be different for different sports
2. Notre Dame doesn't care about many other sports

BobJoeJim 09-20-2007 11:12 PM

3. Because the Big East is too strong for them. At least in the Big Ten they could compete with Minnesota, Northwestern, and Iowa.

NozeCandy 09-21-2007 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3. Because the Big East is too strong for them. At least in the Big Ten they could compete with Minnesota, Northwestern, and Iowa.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not like conferences in power ever switch or anything like that right?

BobJoeJim 09-21-2007 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not like conferences in power ever switch or anything like that right?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not like there's any chance I'm just being sarcastic and enjoying the opportunity to make fun of Notre Dame and the Big Ten at the same time or anything like that right?

Arnold_O 10-07-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
posting links is fine, posting full article in thread is not. Also, would love to see Notre Dame join the Big Ten, hopefully it would mean the addition of a conference championship game which would be awesome imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd like to see notre dame join the big ten but i think conference championships are a horrible idea.

it makes it harder to get the best teams to the bcs championship game.

why take a chance of having a crappy mississippi state that squeeks into the championship game knocking out a powerhouse that may be florida or georgia or whichever team may be dominant

Edge34 10-07-2007 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd like to see notre dame join the big ten but i think conference championships are a horrible idea.

it makes it harder to get the best teams to the bcs championship game.

why take a chance of having a crappy mississippi state that squeeks into the championship game knocking out a powerhouse that may be florida or georgia or whichever team may be dominant

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if that powerhouse Georgia or Florida team takes a crappy Mississippi State team that lightly, maybe they don't deserve to be in a BCS title game. Conference Championships are actually the closest I predict we'll get to an ACTUAL playoff system for probably 5-10 years, if not longer.