Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   KQs in BB unopened pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505468)

Gurravasa 09-20-2007 03:09 PM

KQs in BB unopened pot

UTG=49/13/0,6 45 hands
MP=44/22/0,9 108 hands
SB=31/25/2,6 1200 hands, overaggro postflop with 45% W$ASD and 32% WTSD! My feeling is that he just always choose the wrong spots to get aggressive.

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Gurravasa is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Gurravasa checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Gurravasa

Is this a always a raise pf? Don't really know how I reasoned when I just checked and I can't get the arguments straight in my head right now either. We sure have equity to raise but we are OOP. Raising should give us foldequity but since it's 4-handed we can't expect to pick this up on the flop UI. Also is there any extra value to gain postflop with a hand that plays well postflop in multiwaypots if you don't show agression pf? I just feel I should raise but I want to check up the reasoning about why...

Finally what line do you choose for the rest of the hand as played?

gehrig 09-20-2007 03:13 PM

Re: KQs in BB unopened pot

not raising pf is v bad dont overthink it u have the best hand by a lot so raise

i dunno how bad these guys are. if u think the guys behind u cant fold anything if u raise then raise. otherwise its fine to just keep calling and let the donks behind u showdown a3

NinaWilliams 09-20-2007 03:18 PM

pf is gross. KQs is a monster here. I just raise the flop right away to get the most money in as possible and hope people call 2 cold with QT and stuff.

werero 09-20-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i dunno how bad these guys are. if u think the guys behind u cant fold anything if u raise then raise. otherwise its fine to just keep calling and let the donks behind u showdown a3

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't A3 one of those hands we want to foldout on the flop..

jba 09-20-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are MP and you have A3 should you call? there's your answer

gehrig 09-20-2007 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
u would much rather they called flop turn and river bets than folded to a flop raise

Gurravasa 09-20-2007 04:12 PM

I found this hand when going through som sessions in PT and I couldn't figure out why I didn't raise pf. Then I saw how the hand played out postflop and I won an huge pot and I started thinking too much, I probably just timed out or something, thanks for getting this of my mind.

KDawg 09-20-2007 04:14 PM

KQs is just way too good to not raise PF here

as is, I think calling is fine if it'll induce calls from lesser hands that would fold out to a flop raise

TheHip41 09-20-2007 04:52 PM

pf: boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

flop: raise, if three/bet, call down UI

rzk 09-20-2007 05:18 PM

pf: what other said

flop: i think calling is better than raising. the pot is small, no draws out there, opponents drawing to very few outs -&gt; decent spot to slowplay TP.