Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Travel (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Hey OOT, how do you fly for cheap? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505388)

diddyeinstein 09-20-2007 01:19 PM

Hey OOT, how do you fly for cheap?

I'm going to visit my girl in Portland, OR around Thanksgiving and have been trying to find decently priced airfare. I understand that tickets are going to be more expensive around the holidays so I'm planning on flying in the Monday before and leaving the Monday after to try to get around this.

Basically, I suck at the interwebs and was wondering if you could refer me to any sites that ya'll use for booking cheap(er) flights. So far ~$300 seems like the cheapest, but I think I should be able to find something better.

mbillie1 09-20-2007 01:24 PM

Re: Hey OOT, how do you fly for cheap?

travel forum ftw

MortalWombat 09-20-2007 01:42 PM

Portland or what?

diddyeinstein 09-20-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
travel forum ftw

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call, I've never been to the travel forum before, but we'll give it a shot.

Feel free to lock or delete mods.

My apologies on a misplaced first post.

pokerbobo 09-20-2007 01:45 PM

www.MYGIRLISBONINGANOTHERDUDE.COM

www.LONGDISTANCERELATIONSHIPSDONTWORK.COM

Both offer good travel deals

diddyeinstein 09-20-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
www.MYGIRLISBONINGANOTHERDUDE.COM

www.LONGDISTANCERELATIONSHIPSDONTWORK.COM

Both offer good travel deals

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

DJ Sensei 09-20-2007 06:01 PM

kayak.com is pretty great, it searches all the other sites and doesnt have too much nonsense to distract you/bother you

kmack 09-21-2007 06:21 PM

get the US Airways Visa - when you make your first purchase, they'll give you 25k miles.

egordo877 09-21-2007 07:08 PM

If a branch is available in your area and you are under 25 I recommend STA Travel.
www.statravel.com
I've used it for trips to Australia, Hong Kong, Toronto, Taipei and the prices have been better than any internet price I was able to find, usually by around 20 percent or so. Also, you can change the return flight date for a $35 fee, within a year timespan from the departure date.

I've never used it for domestic flights though, so I dont know how good it is for that.

pr0crast 09-29-2007 02:28 AM

Regarding STA, every time I try to use them for domestic travel their prices are $200 greater than orbitz/expedia. I used them for international travel once and they were the best deal though.