Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   back from the dead (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505160)

chopchoi 09-20-2007 05:09 AM

back from the dead

hey y'all,

i played limit for a bunch of years, but switched to NL a year ago. Had a good run, but have been gettin my ass kicked lately, so i decided to switch back to limit for a while. i'm a little rusty, so if these questions are really basic, i apologize.

.50/$1 FR

Hand 1:

2 limpers, I raise on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. blinds fold, limpers call.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].Limper #1 bets, Limper #2 calls, I raise, they call.

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Limper #1 bets, Limper #2 calls, I call.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Limper #1 bets, Limper #2 calls, I call.

Also, what if the river was 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?

Hand 2

I raise from EP with TT. Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: 2, 9, Q rainbow. BB checks, I bet, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: A. BB checks, I check.

River: Q. BB bets, I fold.

Also, if I should have called, how -ev was my fold, or if you don't feel like doing the math, how often am i good?

HoneyBadger 09-20-2007 05:50 AM

Re: back from the dead

hand 1 , seems fine
hand 2, bet the turn. I'm not sure about the river fold. though the pot is quite small, so it's probably ok.

Aces McGee 09-20-2007 10:42 AM

Hand 1: Fine. I'm definitely calling the 5c river for one bet, and probably the 2c as well.

Hand 2: Betting the turn is vastly superior to calling the river, but with the Q sliding off I think you're good often enough that you can call getting 5ish:1. If the river was more of a blank, I'd be more inclined to fold.

-McGee

numbnuts007 09-20-2007 12:38 PM

Hand 1 is fine.

Hand 2 you've gotta bet that turn then check through on the river if you're checked to. As played, vliian will bet with almost any two after you checked the turn so I think this is call for sure. Betting the turn keeps you out of this situation. It usually gets you to showdown for the same number of bets, it protects your hand against draws, plus it takes advantage of your fold equity. If you bet and get c/r you can probably lay it down against an unknow villian in a pot this size.

youlosepork 09-20-2007 01:14 PM

raise river on hand 1

HoneyBadger 09-20-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise river on hand 1

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a big part of his range here consists of flushes (or maybe sets), seen the way it was played. I don't see that many two-pair hands on the turn. If you raise, do you fold to a 3-bet in a big pot? Hardly seems ideal.