Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   25NL AA rr'ed pot HU turn tough card (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505154)

FreshMeat 09-20-2007 04:43 AM

25NL AA rr\'ed pot HU turn tough card

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $3.40
BB: $19.40
UTG: $23.15
UTG+1: $10.00
MP1: $38.20
Hero (MP2): $28.15
MP3: $18.95
CO: $21.70
BTN: $13.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.25</font>, 5 folds, UTG calls $2.25

Flop: ($6.85) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.25</font>, UTG calls $4.25

Turn: ($15.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] &lt;----Great Freaking Card MAN!!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero???

26/4/0.49
138 hands

After he called my RR pf and the flop bet i was sure it was JJ-AA, maybe sets. I thought at the time F'it i should go broke with AA all the time in this situation, but later i was wondering why? if he has JJ-QQ the king on the turn will kill action from those hands. if he has the other AA then we are tying, if he has KK then i'm screwed. If i check i can maybe get some value from underpairs on river and perhaps get a cheap showdown if i am beaten... thoughts??? anyone check here?

No1Addict 09-20-2007 05:12 AM

Re: AA rr\'ed pot HU turn tough card

I think his range after calling the flop bet is quite limited and it's tens and up. The guy is nitty and I don't see what else he raises UTG and calls your flop bet with.
TT, KK got you crushed, JJ, QQ you're not getting 2 streets worth of value from. If you bet now those will fold.

I'd check behind the turn and call a moderate river bet on his side. If he checks the river I bet for value, no way he plays a set this passive.

Semtex 09-20-2007 05:17 AM

he's 26/4 i have no idea why you think he has to have KK here,especially at 25NL. i get reraises called often at these levels with AT and such crap by the looser players. i'd fire again then reevaluate.

No1Addict 09-20-2007 06:11 AM

The thing is he raised UTG, then called the re-raise. I'd doubt AT is very likely.
Semtex, what range would you put him on?

RapidEvolution 09-20-2007 08:28 AM

I think his range here is JJ, QQ, or maybe something totally random (I'm never surprised anymore by some of the hands I see here). I think Addict is spot-on about calling a moderate bet (which I don't think you'll see) and value betting river if he checks.