Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   looking into buying an infiniti g35, has been salvaged, need advice (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505142)

FundMyAudi 09-20-2007 03:46 AM

looking into buying an infiniti g35, has been salvaged, need advice

i'll post the link to the car here. Basically the car is pretty tight (260 hp, 6 cyclinder, 2003, 50k miles). Blue book value is 21k. Their asking price is 15775. Only problem is the major accident it has been in. Appreciate all the help. Thx, fundmyaudi.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...&cardist=36

DamitBob 09-20-2007 03:54 AM

Re: looking into buying an infiniti g35, has been salvaged, need advice

It kills your resale. Might be hard to trade it or sell it at any price. If you can steal it (like 20% below wholesale book) and a reputable auto body shop that specializes in frame damage says its okay and will put it in writing then maybe you could consider it.

I'm a used car manager and we won't stock rebuilt/salvaged rigs.

Don't even consider this without an inspection from a frame pro.

edit:

I just checked your link out. This lot is 15 minutes from my lot. Give me a call and i'll try to get you a great deal without the damage. My last ride was a Ininiti M35. Great rigs. I know of the dealer you are looking at. I wouldnt purchase a used lawn mower from him. Seriously. He didnt even disclose the wreck in his description. Did you have to go there before finding this out or find out on your own?

PM me if ya want. I can shop all the west coast auctions for you.

FundMyAudi 09-20-2007 03:56 AM

Re: looking into buying an infiniti g35, has been salvaged, need advice

alright, thx for the advice, so i'll look into a frame pro. Appreciate it bob. fundmyaudi.

aislephive 09-20-2007 06:12 AM

Re: looking into buying an infiniti g35, has been salvaged, need advic

[ QUOTE ]
It kills your resale. Might be hard to trade it or sell it at any price. If you can steal it (like 20% below wholesale book) and a reputable auto body shop that specializes in frame damage says its okay and will put it in writing then maybe you could consider it.

I'm a used car manager and we won't stock rebuilt/salvaged rigs.

Don't even consider this without an inspection from a frame pro.

edit:

I just checked your link out. This lot is 15 minutes from my lot. Give me a call and i'll try to get you a great deal without the damage. My last ride was a Ininiti M35. Great rigs. I know of the dealer you are looking at. I wouldnt purchase a used lawn mower from him. Seriously. He didnt even disclose the wreck in his description. Did you have to go there before finding this out or find out on your own?

PM me if ya want. I can shop all the west coast auctions for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealer did mention the car had a salvage title midway through the description.

private joker 09-20-2007 08:08 AM

Wait, are we funding your Audi or your Infiniti? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

jaydub 09-20-2007 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, are we funding your Audi or your Infiniti? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he hit a bad streak and had to lower expectations.

J

deaders 09-20-2007 09:54 AM

I was wondering how you could really pay for an audi with your playing style...

fuzzwonder 09-20-2007 10:28 AM

15k is a rip for a salvaged vehicle when 5k more buys you a well maintained mint one.

blinden84 09-20-2007 11:27 AM

do not buy.

4 High 09-20-2007 11:35 AM

How low would the price have to be for him to be able to buy it with a clean bill of health?