Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Live 1/2 Flop trips on monochrome, River Decision (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=504836)

fouronefive 09-19-2007 07:26 PM

Live 1/2 Flop trips on monochrome, River Decision

Game is actually Lucky Chances 1/1/2. As a quick intro, I hemorrhage money at Lucky Chances. Run bad/play worse. The LAG's that populate this game destroy me, but I've been trying not to let it make me too passive.

I have ~180 in seat 10, seat 9 (old passive/bad white guy) has ~300 and seat 8 (old asian guy who's been very erratic and just rebought) has 60.

My image should be that I play totally unoriginal/tight. My last hand, ~30 minutes ago I raised AKs, got 5 calls, cbet $40 on a blank flop and folded to aggression on the turn when I didn't improve.

Two folds to me, and I make it $12 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF"></font>. I get three calls behind. Flop comes (pot $48):
K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF"></font>
I check, some dude folds to go smoke, and then seat 8/seat 9 check behind.
Turn (pot $48) is:
T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]<font color="#0000FF"></font>
I check. Seat 8, crazy old asian short stack bets $20. Seat 9, old white guy, (who has been passive), thinks for a long time (in this game, like 45 seconds) and calls. I raise to $60 to isolate the crazy asian guy. Seat 8 immediately pushes and Seat 9 thinks for another minute and reluctantly calls. At this point I'm confident he doesn't have a flush.

River (pot $210): 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF"></font>
Seat 9 immediately checks. I...?

Thoughts welcome on all streets, of course. Also on this game. I suck and can't seem to beat it/break even.

TwistedEcho 09-19-2007 07:32 PM

Re: Live 1/2 Flop trips on monochrome, River Decision

bet flop

fouronefive 09-19-2007 07:46 PM

Definitely an option... In this game, any diamond calls and probably any king/anyone who wants to try a float. So then I'm OOP on the turn again and now I'm playing a big pot instead of a little one? In this game, I feel like the field folds behind almost never.

TheKitbag 09-19-2007 07:50 PM

firstly i dont like the idea of cbetting a blank flop in a 6way pot full of lags....

the hand in question ...

i bet the flop. it givs you more info to work with and stops a lone diamond drawing for free

if not then i definately bet the turn

as played i probably check back on the river. i cant see any worse hand calling and AQo and small flushes are def in his range

fouronefive 09-19-2007 07:58 PM

Fold equity? I have ~$110 left for a push, which is only like 1/2 pot?

Etats360 09-19-2007 08:03 PM

How can he check to you on the river? Don't you have position on him?

Bet the flop, Bet the turn. Your turn c/r size is too small.

Edit:By too small, I mean you should shove.

spivey 09-19-2007 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely an option... In this game, any diamond calls and probably any king/anyone who wants to try a float. So then I'm OOP on the turn again and now I'm playing a big pot instead of a little one? In this game, I feel like the field folds behind almost never.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to play a big pot

Etats360 09-19-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can he check to you on the river? Doesn't he have position on you?

Bet the flop, Bet the turn. Your turn c/r size is too small.

Edit:By too small, I mean you should shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

TwistedEcho 09-20-2007 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We want to play a big pot, we have a big hand here. Bet $40 on the flop, if anyone raises get allin with them. If anyone calls, push any turn that isn't a diamond since you'll have a potsized bet left.

If the board pairs, you'd have like $130 in a ~$130 pot, so its time to decide if they will call a push, or whether betting $50 on turn and shoving river is better.

TwistedEcho 09-20-2007 02:25 AM

Also not meaning to be rude, but if you don't beat live 1/2 you have lots of leaks. Don't worry about it, no one was good at poker when they first started - play more, read about it, post hands etc. The more effort you put into poker, the better a player you'll become.