Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   take a brake o continue playing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=504611)

luifer611 09-19-2007 01:15 PM

take a brake o continue playing

I started playing again poker and I started playing 10nl, i won and move quickly to 25nl, and i made very soon like $700, but since last week im having many bad beats, and suckouts. I think that have affected my confidence alot because now by BR is about half $300. I go down to 10nl again but i first start winning later I lost and end the day stuck. I think I played pretty well, but i had a big suckout that affect me. I had AK suitted with position, i raise preflop 5x the bb and some1 re raise me to 8bb. i called. the flop was A47 i checked (because I knew he had a pocket pair) and he went all in and I called, he showed 10s, and the turn was a 10. That pot was nearly $50, playing un 10nl. After that i just kept losing. I don't know if i had to take a brake o just continue playing??

CobraGoat 09-20-2007 09:52 AM

Re: take a brake o continue playing

please tell me you are joking.

sosorry 09-20-2007 05:10 PM

If your mind isnt right then take a break and come back refreshed. If you continue playing, then tighten up a lot. Since you had won so much, you might have loosened up without noticing it because you were running good.

Often when I win a lot of money in a day I find myself playing like a donk later on just because I can afford to, then a few bad beats happen, and I'm nearly back to where I started and wondering why I just didn't logoff when I was way ahead.

This is what I do during my downswings, maybe you can do it too:
During my downsings I always try to tighten up, for me that means flopping some sets and folding overpairs if the boards are too scary and there's too much action. Don't be willing to go broke with just one pair. I also giveup on straight draws altogether. I do still play flush draws but only if I am getting proper odds to call and only if I am in good position and there wasn't a big raise preflop.

Hope this helps, and goodluck at the tables.

HokieGreg 09-20-2007 05:36 PM

lol who would write up a legit response to this

sosorry 09-20-2007 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol who would write up a legit response to this

[/ QUOTE ]

I would because I'm not a douchebag like you and cobra, besides, I know for a fact he's serious and needs some advice so thats why. I get the impression english isn't his first language or he's just not the best at expressing himself so I'll cut him some slack in regards to how his post is worded.

bryan4967 09-20-2007 08:54 PM

o?