Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Razz competition levels? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=504341)

sk8ram 09-19-2007 03:56 AM

Razz competition levels?

Razz is fast becoming my cash game of choice for building my roll, and I've just hopped up from 1/2 to 2/4 on Full Tilt.

My question is at what level are you likely to start finding tables of solid regulars, who understand the game well, with very few fish around.

I've been watching some of the higher stakes games and see the occassional moron or just total retard sometimes, but I'm assuming that around 8/16, players are going to be tough?

2461Badugi 09-19-2007 11:46 AM

Re: Razz competition levels?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming that around 8/16, players are going to be tough?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

jbrennen 09-19-2007 01:02 PM

From what I've seen at 8/16, you can expect to see more "fancy plays" made.

A lot of the time, they appear to be made incorrectly, but that's just my opinion...

adanthar 09-19-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question is at what level are you likely to start finding tables of solid regulars, who understand the game well, with very few fish around.

[/ QUOTE ]

when big grapes plays vs. his pool of half dozen regs at 100/200, I only see 1-2 total fish involved

SGspecial 09-19-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when big grapes plays vs. his pool of half dozen regs at 100/200, I only see 1-2 total fish involved

[/ QUOTE ]

That game doesn't go very often, at least during the times when i'm online. Usually the higest games are between 8/16 and 20/40 with something higher going occasionally. Most of the time these games have a good assortment of fish, but they play differently than the microfish so you have to adjust.

Praxising 09-19-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That game doesn't go very often, at least during the times when i'm online. Usually the higest games are between 8/16 and 20/40 with something higher going occasionally. Most of the time these games have a good assortment of fish, but they play differently than the microfish so you have to adjust.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was watching a 3/6 last night, like 2am, and wishing I had the bk to grab a seat. That doesn't happen often, tho.'

dereeekho 09-20-2007 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was watching a 3/6 last night, like 2am, and wishing I had the bk to grab a seat. That doesn't happen often, tho.'

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say the 2/4 and 3/6 games are juicy after a period of adjustment.