Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   T8 offsoot. 11 SNG facing overshove (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503823)

daveT 09-18-2007 02:13 PM

T8 offsoot. 11 SNG facing overshove

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB (t1290)
Hero (t1710)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, BB calls t100.

Flop: (t300) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t1140 (All-In)</font>, Hero .....

So, this opponent has taken about a dozen small pots by over shoving. I figure he is doing these shoves with all sorts of hands, ranging from middle pair, top pair, and heavy draws. I am sure he is thinking that I am missing a whole bunch and I think he thinks I am dumping all of my draws. I also feel that he is shoving on cold bluffs, not that I was able to call yet.

With the blinds getting so high, is he getting desperate yet?

hra146 09-18-2007 02:43 PM

Re: T8 offsoot. 11 SNG facing overshove

if he actually has done that around a dozen times Im snapcalling this.

How often exactly and in which situations is kinda important to know.

xSCWx 09-18-2007 02:44 PM

Against the described villain I call here and am almost always ahead.

Against the ones who aren't shoving normally you are almost always crushed here.

Edit: Be sure to tell him "ty" so he gets angry and keeps doing it.

omgwtfnoway 09-18-2007 03:33 PM

like these guys have said, his high overbetting frequency should give you some clue as to his range. if he's really donk overbetting this frequently i think it's a clear call.

also, you might want to reexamine your preflop play. you're putting a lot of money in the middle which might make it correct for your opponent to shove a lot of flops. i'd consider limping or raising to 100-125 depending on how loose he's been oop.

daveT 09-18-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also, you might want to reexamine your preflop play. you're putting a lot of money in the middle which might make it correct for your opponent to shove a lot of flops. i'd consider limping or raising to 100-125 depending on how loose he's been oop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is okay for him to overshove 3x the flop with a stupid wide range of hands?

The pot would be 200 to 250, does the 50 make a huge difference? I guess he is overshoving 4 to 5x the pot now. Either way, he is overshoving, perhaps moving my margin of error 5 to 10%?

Please elaborate.