Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Full Tilt took my money! Anyone have any advice? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503735)

patentleather11 09-18-2007 12:01 PM

Full Tilt took my money! Anyone have any advice?

Ive playing on Full Tilt for a little over a year now and opened up an account under my given name.

However, after talking with my tax accountant, he suggested that I change my account name to my full legal name (slightly different from my given name) for tax filing purposes.

About a month ago, I opened up a new account with my full legal name and have been playing on it ever since. Two days ago, I received an email from FTP Support saying that I had duplicate accounts and that my new account would be closed but I could still play on my original account.

I've replied back to their support staff multiple times but received NO response - anyone have any suggestions? I've searched all over for a phone # contact but haven't been able to locate anything.

BigBiceps 09-18-2007 12:04 PM

Re: Full Tilt took my money! Anyone have any advice?

Email responses can take up to a week or more sometimes.
How long have you waited?

There is no phone number.

Also, you broke their terms and conditions by creating a second account.

Once I tried to get refunded for something from them, and they did not reply and I thought I was out of luck, and then 3 weeks later they refunded me.

iceman5 09-18-2007 12:17 PM

You opened a new account under your full legal name for tax purposes? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Good one!

Lessu 09-18-2007 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he suggested that I change my account name to my full legal name

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
About a month ago, I opened up a new account

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should've listened to his advice and not even try to think anything yourself

Tking4unc 09-18-2007 12:25 PM

Wouldnt panic, I had 2 accounts(created a new one for RB) and I got away with it for about 6 months before they locked my account, they contacted me about 3-4 days later and informed me my new account had been locked and wanted to know if I wanted the balance of that account transferred to my "primary" account. Just be patient as their support is incredibly slow, you should get ur cash back though

patentleather11 09-18-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he suggested that I change my account name to my full legal name

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
About a month ago, I opened up a new account

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should've listened to his advice and not even try to think anything yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgot to mention that FTP doesnt allow you to change the name on your account after you start one, which is why I had to open a new account

turtle82 09-18-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Forgot to mention that FTP doesnt allow you to change the name on your account after you start one, which is why I had to open a new account

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually yes they do. You just have to send them proof of identity.

But you only opened up a new account for rakeback and bonus anyways so whats the difference?

KEW 09-18-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive playing on Full Tilt for a little over a year now and opened up an account under my given name.

However, after talking with my tax accountant, he suggested that I change my account name to my full legal name (slightly different from my given name) for tax filing purposes.

About a month ago, I opened up a new account with my full legal name and have been playing on it ever since. Two days ago, I received an email from FTP Support saying that I had duplicate accounts and that my new account would be closed but I could still play on my original account.

I've replied back to their support staff multiple times but received NO response - anyone have any suggestions? I've searched all over for a phone # contact but haven't been able to locate anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny...

My accountant said.....

If remotely true(which I highly doubt) I would suggest getting an accountant that has at least finished elementary school...