Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Getting Closer, WCOOP #5 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503081)

FGators 09-17-2007 02:45 PM

Getting Closer, WCOOP #5

Well my hand is almost there. Started with the flush draw, now have the straight draw, maybe I'll have one of the nuts by the river.

Obviously the crux of the hand is the turn when its checked to me. I think the turn spot (check) is the right play in retrospect, though I can be persuaded.

WCOOP $500, event #5. I have a TAG image. Folds to me in MP, blinds 100/200...i raise A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to 600...guy calls out of the BB. He seems ABC/straightforward.

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

he checks, I bet $950, he calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

he checks, hero?

Pot is at 3200.

He has 5400 left and I have him covered.

Is this an automatic check behind and just fold if unimproved and he leads. Does anybody try again trying to rep the King.

How big of a factor does the K play here? If its a 3 are you more or less likely to bet?

tomek322 09-17-2007 03:13 PM

Re: Getting Closer, WCOOP #5

What's your stack?

I would check behind on a blank turn. He most likely has a T and won't give it up. I would bet the king usually, makes it very hard to call with a bare ten. But with these stacks, if you bet 2200-2400 you are basically commiting yourself if he shoves. Nonetheless I normaly bet these spots. If he's straightforward than I take it we are not scared of a c/r?

Yes if you check and miss and he leads, folding is in order.

BarryLyndon 09-17-2007 03:28 PM

I like a push here. If he has QJ (less likely), you have outs, and you fold out J10 and other smaller pocket pairs. And, yes, you can represent a K here.

Barry

Ansky 09-17-2007 03:36 PM

bet.

shoving or betting 2/3rd pot depends on meta and what u think they will interpret it as.

FGators 09-17-2007 03:37 PM

My stack has him covered, I think around 7500 left.

JMSlick 09-17-2007 03:40 PM

I'm checking here. Great place to get a free card. He is also first to act after the river, so you will be in a good position to decide what to do after his move.

Bakes 09-17-2007 03:42 PM

Def bet, you have to clear out random tens, nines, smaller pairs that might take the pot if you miss. This is such a good card to rep.

betgo 09-17-2007 03:53 PM

Allin. You are 25% against a straight and 23% against a set. He could have a draw or a weak pair. If has a hand he can call you with, he probably wouldn't slow play it on this board.

nath 09-17-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet.

shoving or betting 2/3rd pot depends on meta and what u think they will interpret it as.

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed, and by "what they will interpret as" i mean "pick the one that makes them fold the most"

NoahSD 09-17-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed, and by "what they will interpret as" i mean "pick the one that makes them fold the most"

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been going for a blatantly committing amount like 2300 here, but maybe in tourneys where AIs are so scary shoving has more FE?

Edit: Assuming new to the table and everyone's unknown.