Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Commong and annoying flop spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502634)

NinaWilliams 09-16-2007 10:28 PM

Commong and annoying flop spot

Villain = unknown.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Hero

aceskay 09-16-2007 10:57 PM

Re: Commong and annoying flop spot

Hero...

punches his computer desk bc everyone who plays limit poker faces these spots when they are running bad and never really knows what to do

however, when you completely whiff, as in no gut shot, no potential open-ended draws, and only 1 overcard, i probably just fold

it feels weak while your at the table, but you really have very very little equity, even with the flush draw out there, and your wb if he has the jack

TheHip41 09-16-2007 11:36 PM

i call, and c/f the turn UI.

sharpie 09-17-2007 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i call, and c/f the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

kimchi 09-17-2007 01:38 AM

You really have nothing. An overcard and backdoor wheel if you're desperate.

I'd call the flop raise for metagame if nothing else (and possssibly a free-card) and fold UI.

rzk 09-17-2007 02:02 AM

assuming a standard co raise, he has roughly 84 pair combos, most of which contain a jack, and around 30 flush draw combos. with how many hands on average would you estimate an unknown will semibluff/bluff in this spot?

mvoss 09-17-2007 06:30 AM

Call and c/f the turn UI.

Sheakspeer 09-17-2007 06:54 AM

No bd flush draw pushes this to a fold on the flop I would think.

The K and Q are horrible cards if we continue because we have to invest a BB drawing somewhat thin plus they might taint our A outs, the T is pretty bad too because we might take it to sd losing, and the A on the turn might not be a great card either.

If the A falls on the turn, he very well may check behind and we don't get value.

I don't really understand why people want to call this flop raise.

Carmine 09-17-2007 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand why people want to call this flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because villian still has to be concerned about a turn C/R so you may get to see the turn/river for 1SB. Of corse he may need the FC more than we do but we don't have many other options do we.

Folding outright is fine also being we missed so badly. Hero just needs to be more image aware if he does.

jakbse 09-17-2007 07:50 AM

I call intending to fold turn. To mix it up you can screwplay your strong hands on the turn.