Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Shoving or calling better here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502406)

Subzero_Wins 09-16-2007 04:52 PM

Shoving or calling better here?

Opponent runs at 25/10, and I'm having trouble putting my opponent on a hand that can call a raise that I beat. I'd call for sure if he wasn't short stacked.

There's one one ace he can have to turn two pair with.

ull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($74.35)
BB ($31.85)
Hero ($64.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3.

Turn: ($9.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Opponent leads $6, leaving $21 behind. Do we like a shove or call here?

monkover 09-16-2007 05:01 PM

Re: Shoving or calling better here?

i call as you said there are no hands that call a push on this turn that you beat. so pushing obv sucks. the only problem withcalling here is that youŽll only have a psb left on the river and this will have to go in quite often too.

mookboi 09-16-2007 05:22 PM

Minraise.

jmgambler 09-16-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Opponent runs at 25/10, and I'm having trouble putting my opponent on a hand that can call a raise that I beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

?.. 99/88/JTs/ even KK ..

I think I am destined to felt this hand... I like the idea of a mini-raise or shove... What is the advantage of "just" calling... what and if the board doesn't pair up, we fold? or are we hoping for a river check behind? what if another [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hits then whats your play?.... nah, mini-raise I like , thing is I would call if he shoves back.

bsball8806 09-16-2007 05:53 PM

I think we need to raise to protect our hand. I agree that we aren't often called by worse, but I believe villain folds hands that could outdraw us on the river that we need to protect against

juggler97531 09-16-2007 06:25 PM

I do not see why couldnt villian have two pair and not call with them to our shove.

98s, AK, A9s, A8s all these hands could be very well playing like this. Even with set he could have been trying to slowplay on the flop and third flush card scared him, and he wants to put money on the turn before bad river will come.

This is clear raise for value for me.

Subzero_Wins 09-16-2007 06:46 PM

I'm not folding guys (unless I call and river comes spade and he shoves).

I think two pair/sets are unlikely given flop action. There are not very many two pair combinations that could turn as there is only ace in the deck.

Minraise is interesting, I don't really like it though as it takes the lead away from him and I'm not pricing out a draw or stacking tp on most rivers.

deadmanspoker 09-16-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Minraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this a lot, it seems to put the fear of god into people.

And you will also get more info from villain this way.