Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Storming The Floor (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=50172)

bowens 03-01-2006 10:19 PM

Storming The Floor

What do you think about storming the floor(field) after a game? I'm watching Duke/FSU and they stormed the floor with time still on the clock. I understand the enthusiasm, but it also seems kind of silly. Thoughts???

MacGuyV 03-01-2006 10:25 PM

Re: Storming The Floor

Too mainstream. As an SU fan I was pretty embarassed to see the crowd storm the court after beating WVU. For [censored] sake, we won the national title 3 years ago. WVU is a football school.

OneChipWarrior 03-01-2006 10:28 PM

Duke stormed the floor after the VT game earlier this year. That made me happy... considering Duke stormed the floor after a VT game.

ligastar 03-01-2006 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think about storming the floor(field) after a game? I'm watching Duke/FSU and they stormed the floor with time still on the clock. I understand the enthusiasm, but it also seems kind of silly. Thoughts???

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you asking storming the court in general, or storming the court with time on the clock and potentially costing your team?

bowens 03-01-2006 10:37 PM

Both really. Obviously, storming the floor with time on the clock is much worse. I'm curious as to what everyone thinks for either scenerio. If, and of course this didn't happen, but if FSU fans had stormed the court like they did and the personal foul hadn't been called, Duke could have tied the game. A bad scene, no?

Uncle Wimp 03-01-2006 10:58 PM

I'm a press photographer and I got caught in the middle of one of those trying to take photos during a conference tournament. If you lose your balance and fall down, you are in serious danger of getting hurt.

DukeSucks 03-01-2006 11:20 PM

I have been part of two of these in basketball and two in football. I understand getting caught up in the emotion of the game, but it should be limited to beating the #1 team or for a major major upset by a crappy team. It has gotten out of hand by all these kids watching ESPN

technologic 03-01-2006 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Duke stormed the floor after the VT game earlier this year. That made me happy... considering Duke stormed the floor after a VT game.

[/ QUOTE ]

not everyday you hit a 45-footer with 1.6 seconds to go to win a game

MyTurn2Raise 03-01-2006 11:51 PM

the orange krush rushed the court after McBride hit a 3 just after time ran out against Penn St

P.Dirty 03-02-2006 02:34 AM

seriously guys, stfu. let drunk kids be drunk kids.