Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AA blind vs. blind (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=501643)

nazahl 09-15-2007 11:09 AM

AA blind vs. blind

villain is relatively unknown - 23/17/2.6 but only over 40-50 hands. seemed pretty normal at the time, this was also the first time he played back at me after calling from the bb against my open.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $266.75
BB: $353.05
UTG: $326.80
CO: $288.00
BTN: $138.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, BB calls $4.00

Flop: ($12) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $40.00</font>, Hero ???

wtf is best here?

Nick Royale 09-15-2007 11:15 AM

Re: AA blind vs. blind

Find a way to get it in. Either by 3-betting the flop small (hoping he'll push) or calling and crai a blank turn. The only legitimate hand he can have is 33/KQ, this is probably JT or a bluff often, so I probably just call the raise.

runhot 09-15-2007 11:16 AM

crai any turn card

nazahl 09-15-2007 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Find a way to get it in. Either by 3-betting the flop small (hoping he'll push) or calling and crai a blank turn. The only legitimate hand he can have is 33/KQ, this is probably JT or a bluff often, so I probably just call the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree w/ your range. but if I 3bet small and he shoves I really don't like my hand (assuming most people aren't shoving JT there). and if I just call, I feel like I'm gettin value towned when I'm behind and letting him control the pot w/ JT, Kx, or Qx.

maybe call flop, bet/make a decision on the turn?

Nick Royale 09-15-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree w/ your range. but if I 3bet small and he shoves I really don't like my hand (assuming most people aren't shoving JT there). and if I just call, I feel like I'm gettin value towned when I'm behind and letting him control the pot w/ JT, Kx, or Qx.

maybe call flop, bet/make a decision on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
If we bet the turn we need to be able to fold to a raise, because it's one of the worst way to get the money in.

I like calling and checking to keep him bluffing, besides ime no one ever takes freecards BvB in this situation, I think he'll bet JT on the turn a high percentage.

nazahl 09-15-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If we bet the turn we need to be able to fold to a raise

[/ QUOTE ]

what's wrong w/ that?

I dunno, checking the turn doesn't feel right to me. and maybe its my personal experience but on K high flops, most people give up their stupid bluffs on the turn once you call the flop.

Nick Royale 09-15-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what's wrong w/ that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't say there was anything wrong with that. You said bet/make a decision and I said that decision must be to fold, because if we were taking a line where we aim to get the money in there's better ways.

1C5 09-15-2007 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
crai any turn card

[/ QUOTE ]