Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   NBC Fall Schedule: Pilots Available on OnDemand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=501492)

Dids 09-15-2007 02:33 AM

NBC Fall Schedule: Pilots Available on OnDemand

I watched

Chuck:

Features a chick who looks like Christine Taylor but hotter, can act better, and I assume hasn't [censored] Ben Stiller. Madison from Everwood, and [censored] ANIMAL MOTHER from FMJ. It's funny, but can't decide how serious it wants to take itself, and just feels oddly paced. Also you don't really like Chuck that much. This will either insta bomb or do great depending on how well they balance the action/funny haha/serious stuff.

Life:

Stars Damien (thanks sethy!!!) Lewis who [censored] owned the [censored] out of Band of Brothers. Also stars hot as all hell Sara Sahani (sp probably) the chick that Tony Soprano nailed in Vegas. And Calamity Jane, and the funny Arkin. It's kinda weird, I think I like it, but through not fault of the show I fell asleep and kinda missed the ended. There's a slight hint of the same annoying supercop you get from Goren on Law and Order: Full Metal Jacket. Still, I think I like it. Will probably only air 3 eps ever.

You can also see the pilots for Journeyman (staring Kevin McKidd aka whathisface from Rome, the one who wasnt Pullo) and the Bionic Woman, which stars a Bionic Woman.

You can find these under "network shows" on your comcast on demand menu.

sethypooh21 09-15-2007 02:34 AM

Re: NBC Fall Schedule: Pilots Available on OnDemand

*Damien* Lewis.

Dids 09-15-2007 02:41 AM

yeah, that. I'm not exactly lucid right now.

Also there's two totally gratuitous bits with the hot chick from Chuck in her undies that are well worth it.

Also, while I enjoyed it, I would like LFS, PJ, and AL and CDS's insider friends to explain to me how the living [censored] they watched that pilot and decided to make Chuck a series. It's like a Jackie Chan flick meets 40 Year Old Virgin meets the bad parts of the Matrix or something. (oh yeah and a touch of Scrubs as well).

edfurlong 09-15-2007 02:45 AM

I got really stoned and watched like half of it before turning it off. I watch three hours of dudes cutting cans and tomatoes pretty regularly. Big thumbs down from ed.

stabn 09-15-2007 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You can also see the pilots for Journeyman (staring Kevin McKidd aka whathisface from Rome

[/ QUOTE ]

Vorenus. I think this show looks kind of dumb but i'll give it a few eps anyway because he ruled in rome.

Vehn 09-15-2007 03:07 AM

Hmm I have comcast and couldn't find that OD channel.

Elevens 09-15-2007 11:05 AM

Alternatively, if you have Tivo, you can download the episodes from Amazon Unbox for free.

Butcho22 09-16-2007 07:36 PM

'Bionic Woman' is a terrible show and I can't believe the network is too dumb to realize it will bomb.

I think I remember letting out a chuckle or two watching 'Chuck', but I won't be watching again. I suppose it has some potential to run for a couple seasons, I dunno.

'Life' will probably pick up a small following, but I won't be one of them.

Cliff Notes: DON'T WATCH BIONIC WOMAN

4 High 09-16-2007 08:03 PM

I will give Bionic Woman a shot as i love BSG.

Dids 09-16-2007 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will give Bionic Woman a shot as i love BSG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, is this done by/stars the same people as that show?

'Cause I will once again point out that BSG is a really crappy show that has somehow mind [censored] ed it's audience into thinking that it isn't.