Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   20/40 CAZ WA/WB i hit gin on the turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=501389)

RudeboyOi 09-14-2007 11:29 PM

20/40 CAZ WA/WB i hit gin on the turn

ive been running well in the 6/12 and the 8/16 this week
so decided to take a shot at the 20/40 and this hand came up

7 or 8 handed idk anyone
only 2nd orbit at the table

folds to CO who raises, button folds
HERO 3bets As 8s from the sb
bb folds, CO caps, HERO calls

flop AA2
HERO checks
CO bets
HERO calls

turn an 8
CO bets
HERO calls

river 5
HERO bets

thoughts?

sharpie 09-14-2007 11:36 PM

Re: 20/40 CAZ WA/WB i hit gin on the turn

I'd just c/r the flop expecting them not to be able to fold a pocket pair. As played donk the turn to prevent a pocket pair from checking behind, and hope to get 3 bets in against Ax.

private joker 09-14-2007 11:37 PM

Perfect. If he has nothing he'll fold the turn if you lead, and if you c/r the turn he'll only continue with an A. Since 3 of the As are accounted for, KK/QQ/JJ/TT are his most likely holdings. Donking the river gets one more BB out of him if he calls out of curiosity (and he'll check behind if you try a river c/r). And if you're lucky enough to be up against AK/AQ, betting the river lets you 3-bet.

sharpie 09-14-2007 11:56 PM

joker, what about when he checks behind the turn with a pocket pair? Also he might overplay AK and cap the turn. Do live players really cap PF here without a big ace or pocket pair often enough to warrant checking the turn?

Howard Beale 09-14-2007 11:58 PM

I was there for that hand and now I'm trying to remember what you look like. Lucky for you that you were up against the right type of opponent who plays his own cards and puts in too much action. Only a guy like that would've bet the turn. Hint: Nobody here would've or they'd never hear the end of it. Come to think of it he shouldn't have bet the flop either. Come to think of it even more he shouldn't have capped it pf.

sharpie 09-15-2007 12:05 AM

You mind posting or PMing me what he had?

RudeboyOi 09-15-2007 12:07 AM

hey howard

which seat were you in?

i was the really nervous lookin kid in seat 10

i dont think im quite ready for the swings of that game yet

not too sure how often ill be playing in it but id still like to know who ur

Howard Beale 09-15-2007 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You mind posting or PMing me what he had?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll post it after a while when the discussion dies out if OP doesn't. I will say that 'villain' is the type who makes the game. I really can't understand how somebody can be so successful in their professional lives and either put no effort into learning how to play, don't think about it, or just don't care. And that guy was passing time in the 20 while waiting for his 40 seat.

Howard Beale 09-15-2007 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey howard

which seat were you in?

i was the really nervous lookin kid in seat 10

i dont think im quite ready for the swings of that game yet

not too sure how often ill be playing in it but id still like to know who ur

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you from back East where they play 10 handed? You were in the 9 seat and I was in the 6 with the pf raiser directly on my left. It would've been more interesting if you'd mentioned the suits, I guess. Maybe not, I don't know. That guy is horrible, doesn't know, doesn't care, what's going on.

Anyway, I'm oooolllllldddddd, esp. compared to you. I was going to say that you might want to work on the 'I'm being sneaky' look because it was a huge tell to somebody like me but maybe it was just you being nervous. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

btw: I'm the guy walking around with the leather messenger bag. Tap me on the shoulder any time.

RudeboyOi 09-15-2007 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I'm oooolllllldddddd, esp. compared to you. I was going to say that you might want to work on the 'I'm being sneaky' look because it was a huge tell to somebody like me but maybe it was just you being nervous. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol believe me i know

thats why i think im not quite ready for that game

i honestly think i started twitching when that 8 rolled off

and yes im from the midwest where they play tenhanded
guess i just assumed the tables were tenhanded here too

funny i never actually bothered to count unless it got short