Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Stars $22R: Is this guy a genius or a donk? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500868)

Bolero 09-14-2007 08:07 AM

Stars $22R: Is this guy a genius or a donk?

Played my first rebuy on PokerStars, so admittedly not versed in rebuy strategy. Ran into a guy who re-bought five times before the break. This guy was re-raising all-in pre-flop from middle position with an unbelievable range of hands: A-5, K-8, Q-9....hands I normally pitch to an early PF raiser. He eventually took me out.

I checked him out after the tourney, and he has made some huge scores for hundreds of thousands of dollars. So maybe I am missing something here. He's obviously doing something right.

Is it sound strategy to gamble/rebuy/gamble/rebuy in the hopes of massing a huge amount of chips on Stars? My instinct tells me that this is not a profitable approach, but, again, I don't have rebuy experience....nor do I have hundreds of thousands in winnings, as this guy did.

ASPoker8 09-14-2007 08:11 AM

Re: Stars $22R: Is this guy a genius or a donk?

no, optimal strategy is to never rebuy or addon, those are for the donks, kind of like the sucker bet

what you should do is just fight with your initial 1500 chips

limp a lot, and call those morons raises, but if you miss the flop, just check and fold

Bolero 09-14-2007 08:14 AM

Thanks. That's what I thought. Maybe this is one of those guys who has won $500k but spent $498k to get it...

Rocco 09-14-2007 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no, optimal strategy is to never rebuy or addon, those are for the donks, kind of like the sucker bet

limp a lot, and call those morons raises, but if you miss the flop, just check and fold

[/ QUOTE ]

*giggle*

JP OSU 09-14-2007 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is some good stuff right here...

the alex 09-14-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

ZBTHorton 09-14-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. That's what I thought. Maybe this is one of those guys who has won $500k but spent $498k to get it...

[/ QUOTE ]

lollllllllllllllll

Thegunshow 09-14-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...

Jurollo 09-14-2007 03:33 PM

Only 5 rebuys? What a nit!

Bolero 09-14-2007 04:09 PM

Yeah....big, big scores (if that's what your "wow" means).