Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL 25 AK hits TP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500841)

xeanatic 09-14-2007 06:20 AM

NL 25 AK hits TP

Do you like this line vs an unknown on a board like this?
His flop raise kan mean a lot on a board like this in my opinion:
- low PP
- Weaker K
- 6x but prob not I think a lot of villians will just call with that here but it's def in his range.

So I wanted to gain max value from lower PP and weaker K hands.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $24.50
BB: $30.10
UTG: $17.90
Hero (CO): $33.20
BTN: $25.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BTN calls $1.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.50</font>, Hero calls $2.00

Turn: ($9.35) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $5.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $28.70</font>, BTN calls all-in for $14.75

Nemesis69 09-14-2007 06:25 AM

Re: NL 25 AK hits TP

I do not like. Isn't QK in his range? I'd reraise on the flop.

xeanatic 09-14-2007 06:42 AM

Yes it is but also KJ KT assuming.
Why would we want to reraise on the flop? do you think any K will still pay us off if we do this?

ama0330 09-14-2007 06:53 AM

Bet 2 on the flop, and you're probably looking to stack off here. I don't like your line because it just gives him the chance to improve

xeanatic 09-14-2007 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet 2 on the flop, and you're probably looking to stack off here. I don't like your line because it just gives him the chance to improve

[/ QUOTE ]

yes true, but do weaker K's stack off here if we raise. I'm worried only better hands will call and we lose value from weaker hands.

ama0330 09-14-2007 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes true, but do weaker K's stack off here if we raise. I'm worried only better hands will call and we lose value from weaker hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ/KJ will pay you all day here.

BoerfSt 09-14-2007 07:37 AM

Just bet on the flop, if he has a K he will often pay you on turn/river.

Neku 09-14-2007 08:20 AM

He might think your flop bet was a bit weak, hence the raise ("do you like your hand, cuz I'm confused?"). His turn bet seems weak, which can basically mean anything from "I has two pair/TPNK" to: "I has nothing".

Assuming he coldcalls with
AJ+, KJ+ and AA - 99, you split 16 hands (AK), beat 34 hands (AQ, AJ, KJ) and lose against 50 hands (AA, KK, QQ, KQ). If you count the splits as a success, that's 50/50.

If he likes to coldcall with SC's as low as 76s, you're basically toast.

Actually there's a good chance you're behind here, I think. Most players at low levels don't raise flops lightly against preflop raisers. Which means your fold equity is also zero. It doesn't look good.

irondrift 09-14-2007 08:34 AM

I think you have to repop this flop. THEN you get paid from Kx. Once he goes all in on the turn you should toss it. I think you see AA, KK or KQ here way to often for this to be porfitable. I just don't think you get enough donks doing this with Kx to make it profitable. IMO.

Craggoo 09-14-2007 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to repop this flop. THEN you get paid from Kx. Once he goes all in on the turn you should toss it. I think you see AA, KK or KQ here way to often for this to be porfitable. I just don't think you get enough donks doing this with Kx to make it profitable. IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even the most nitty and stupid players will min re-raise AA and KK so i think we can safely disregard those two hands from his range. AJ-KJ seems like a large part of his range. We win against one of those hands and split against the other 2. This seems like a classic WA/WB situation. I think its either c/f or c/c on the turn and see what he does on the river if you c/c.