Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Pot Odds and Flush Draws (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500634)

timeonepointzero 09-13-2007 10:36 PM

Pot Odds and Flush Draws

I'm going to be reference'ing ed miller's preflop chart that was compiled by OhGeeTee. Link is

http://home.nyc.rr.com/nycgrip/preflop.pdf

The flop hit me and I had 9 outs (flush draw), and pot odds were 13:1 on the flop, where on the chart should I be looking at to figure out if I should call or fold? i'm looking at ed miller's break-even pot odds in SSHE and for 9 outs it's 4.1:1.

Also did I play this hand correctly? Players were pretty loose-passive (had about 30 hands each on them and around 40-60 VPIP). Since I had the 2nd best hand I was worried about someone having it since it was possible because the players were loose. Am I thinking about this the right way? Any comments you guys want to make?

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.02/$0.04
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10SB, 5 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(13:1)</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 5 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(9.5:1)</font>, SB calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (11.5BB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Results:
Final pot: 17.5BB

Point Blank 09-13-2007 10:41 PM

Re: Pot Odds and Flush Draws

raise the flop

Buzz-cp 09-13-2007 11:30 PM

Flop is a raise. If you read SSHE, then you should be aware of juicing flush draws and the free card play.

There is definitely room for a raise on the river.

timeonepointzero 09-13-2007 11:37 PM

do you guys mean reraise?

Buzz-cp 09-13-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you guys mean reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy bets the flop, you raise.
Guy bets the river, you raise.

timeonepointzero 09-13-2007 11:44 PM

ops read that wrong,

also can you guys help me out on counting outs and odds in general and on how to use that pre-compiled chart?

Point Blank 09-13-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ops read that wrong,

also can you guys help me out on counting outs and odds in general and on how to use that pre-compiled chart?

[/ QUOTE ]

you wont find many chart lovers here ...

timeonepointzero 09-13-2007 11:56 PM

Well I'm starting out, isn't a part of poker knowing correct odds of when to call/fold when you don't have the odds, ect?

Point Blank 09-13-2007 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I'm starting out, isn't a part of poker knowing correct odds of when to call/fold when you don't have the odds, ect?

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't there a beginners forum??

this isn't that ...

there are a ton of intro books to hold'em ... get one

timeonepointzero 09-14-2007 12:06 AM

I have GSHE, SSHE by Ed Miller, and WLLHE by Lee Jones. I read though all 3 of them at least once. I was curious as to how the pot odd chart that someone put together can be read that's all. I thought the guy basically just pulled everything that ed miller said and threw it on charts.

I'm starting to apply some of the concepts that ed miller taught in those books. If this is the wrong forum to ask that then I'll see if I can get this thread moved. I just though it was a place to start.