Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   flop decision (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500115)

bakku 09-13-2007 08:50 AM

flop decision

i raise utg with AdKs, 4 players behind me call, BB calls. table had actually been playing a bit tighter than this hand makes it seem

flop is Jd7h2c, BB donks and i?

PokerBob 09-13-2007 08:51 AM

Re: flop decision

i think i'd fold.

Chris Daddy Cool 09-13-2007 08:59 AM

this is a really safe board texture to peel on given the pot size even with your crappy relative position. it depends entirely of course on how aggressive the table is but i wouldn't expect to see much raising on this kind of flop.

RobA 09-13-2007 09:26 AM

I think you can definetly fold here.

A Jack is a bad card. You had AJ dominated, now it has you dominated.

I think Ed Miller did a good job summing up the three things to look for when AK misses - fewer players, backdoor draws, and uncoordinated boards. IMO, of these three factors, the number of players makes the biggest difference in valuing an AK hand that misses.

SNOWBALL 09-13-2007 09:58 AM

Fold plz

SNOWBALL 09-13-2007 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A Jack is a bad card. You had AJ dominated, now it has you dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

KJ also.

Also, given that the table *usually* plays tighter than this, I think we have greater than normal reason to believe that we are either reverse dominated or that our outs are in the hands of other players.

Yads 09-13-2007 10:53 AM

I'd raise this before I'd ever call here. Since raising sucks, I just fold.

The Dude 09-13-2007 11:19 AM

The size of this pot is the only thing making this decision interesting at all, but I still think you should let it go.

Dagger78 09-13-2007 12:14 PM

Fold. I wouldn't mind a peel if there wasn't anyone behind you, but considering that reverse domination in a big possibility with the J on the flop and a raise behind us sucks, folding is clearly correct.

bakku 09-13-2007 12:42 PM

at first i thought this was a really easy fold because of all the players left to act behind me, but after talking to cdc and thinking some more i think it's pretty close.

BB will pretty much always have just a one pair hand here that is looking for me to raise to thin the field so we don't have to worry about him having a monster. there aren't many hands i need to worry about, just AJ/KJ/77/22 and maybe A7s/A2s. considering this board is so uncoordinated and drawless i don't expect to get raised too often. i'd probably give myself between 3.5-4.5 weighted outs. so yeah, i think it's really close and cdc almost convinced me it's a call but i probably still fold.