Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Netflix's "Watch Instantly" feature. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500049)

midnightpulp 09-13-2007 05:29 AM

Netflix\'s \"Watch Instantly\" feature.

Has anybody else checked this out?

I absolutely dig it. Of course, I still watch the movies I really want to see on DVD on a TV, but this feature is great if you feel like watching a cheesy exploitation film you'd wouldn't put in your queue or go out and buy.

Animation looks really, really good.

Abones 09-13-2007 06:16 AM

Re: Netflix\'s \"Watch Instantly\" feature.

I have watched probably 15-20 movies on using this feature.

If you have a suffeiient internet connection and a nice monitor this is the nuts. I have a 32" lcd so its almost as good as watching on my TV.

midnightpulp 09-13-2007 08:05 AM

I'm slumming it with a 768KB connection and a 15in Laptop monitor, and the movies still look pretty good.

A little pixellation when you're up close, but sitting back a couple of feet, it's hardly noticeable. (Do you suffer any pixellation with your set-up?)

Now I have a reason to get a a large, fancy monitor.

Abones 09-13-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm slumming it with a 768KB connection and a 15in Laptop monitor, and the movies still look pretty good.

A little pixellation when you're up close, but sitting back a couple of feet, it's hardly noticeable. (Do you suffer any pixellation with your set-up?)

Now I have a reason to get a a large, fancy monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have some pixelation up close but from normal viewing distance the quality is just as good as dvd.

ChipWrecked 09-13-2007 10:46 AM

I watch at work. It drops out of 'full screen' often. Might be my [censored] work computer, not sure. I have a T3 to myself on night shift, so it's not the connection.

JMa 09-13-2007 10:58 AM

"The more bandwidth a consumer has, the higher quality the video displayed, ranging from the quality of current Netflix previews to DVD quality with a three-megabit-per-second connection."

Rick Nebiolo 09-14-2007 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but this feature is great if you feel like watching a cheesy exploitation film you'd wouldn't put in your queue or go out and buy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like a Russ Meyer movie [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick

diddyeinstein 09-14-2007 03:31 PM

I've watched one movie (Westworld) I would watch more but I do not have a working wireless connection at the moment.

I've tried to do it at work, but we are routed through India and they only allow it on US servers.

SL__72 09-14-2007 03:56 PM

I like the feature but am thoroughly unimpressed with the selection.

The most annoying thing I've run into was:

I was trying to watch the show Six Feet Under and they had like half the episodes available (like every other one, not just the first half). I don't get it...