Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   2/4 B&M - Count the mistakes with 77 in HJ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499523)

gobbledygeek 09-12-2007 02:43 PM

2/4 B&M - Count the mistakes with 77 in HJ

2/4 B&M, typical loose & passive, 10 handed

As soon as I finished with this hand I'm pretty sure I counted at least one bad mistake, another probable mistake and was wondering if there were any others. Tell me about them!

UTG is way too loose preflop. Plays over 80% of her hands regardless of whether pot has been raised. If she thinks she has the best hand she'll lead out but then turtle if shown any aggression and call down.

BB is very tight and very passive. One of the rare players at the table who will routinely limp and then fold preflop when raised. Will usually just check and call down with top pair / weak kicker.

CO, Button and SB are typically loose preflop but tighten up considerably to a preflop raise. Not aggressive but not as passive as BB.

Preflop (10 players): Hero is HJ with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, folded to Hero who calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks

Flop (5 players, 5 SB): A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
checked around

Turn (5 players, 2.5 BB): 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
checked around

River (5 players, 2.5 BB): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
check to Hero who bets...

GcluelessnoobG

KitCloudkicker 09-12-2007 02:45 PM

Re: 2/4 B&M - Count the mistakes with 77 in HJ

raise pf (its close though, limping isnt horrible). fwiw i kind of doubt the accuracy of your read about respecting pf raises in 2/4. thats why raising pf isnt clear-cut.

anyways, as played:

flop check fine

bet turn.

given that you checked turn, river bet is fine as you'll get called by all sorts of crap.

gobbledygeek 09-12-2007 04:47 PM

Preflop I thought was my probable mistake. UTG probably has junk so I'd love to get it heads up. If I think there is a good likelyhood that others after me will fold to a raise (including tighty BB) then I'm guessing that's what I should have done. But maybe limping isn't as horrible as I thought (although I did get lucky ending up having 5 to the flop)?

As for betting the turn, if called is that the last bet I'm putting in? I'm really iffy on this bet. Small pot and passive players will usually just check/call their weak Aces on a paired board.

As played, isn't my river bet horrible? I'm thinking the only hands that call me here in a 2.5 BB pot are those which beat me. I really can't see 6x, 55, 44, 3x or 22 calling this bet.

Niediam 09-12-2007 05:22 PM

Preflop is a super easy raise given your read of the players behind you.

Bet turn.

Frond 09-12-2007 06:19 PM

Preflop with just this one limper and all the folds to me I would raise this hand.

I assume if we had raised PF that we are bettin gthis flop right?

Niediam 09-12-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop with just this one limper and all the folds to me I would raise this hand.

I assume if we had raised PF that we are bettin gthis flop right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how many people call and how tight they are but generally I'd bet.

Frond 09-12-2007 11:56 PM

Yea, I am firing this type of sitch more and more. In gen that is. Finding that you can take down pots here and there uncontested and those smaliish ones can add up over a session. That plus at times you have the best hand

JacksonTens 09-13-2007 01:40 AM

i dont really see any mistakes here.

OvL w77 isn't bad, but you could raise whatever.

chk flop, obv.

bet turn if you want, if called c/f river. or just chk.

bet or chk river. Only a donkey will call with worse anyways.

Seriously if I had an A in this game I would chk flop, and then just call down, maybe even fold. SS Live LHE is about laydowns. Seriously. Thats what it is, never paying off those passive bastards. That is the key.

JT

Niediam 09-13-2007 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont really see any mistakes here.

OvL w77 isn't bad, but you could raise whatever.

chk flop, obv.

bet turn if you want, if called c/f river. or just chk.

bet or chk river. Only a donkey will call with worse anyways.

Seriously if I had an A in this game I would chk flop, and then just call down, maybe even fold. SS Live LHE is about laydowns. Seriously. Thats what it is, never paying off those passive bastards. That is the key.

JT

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you are not making close laydowns in big pots... and I think the flop is an easy bet if you have an ace.

James. 09-13-2007 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
never paying off those passive bastards. That is the key.

JT

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the part to remember. disregard the "small stakes is about making folds" or whatever. small stakes is about not hopelessly paying off the passives.

gg,

personally i raise to try to isolate the EP loose player. postflop, if i had raised i'd spray one on the flop. other than that any street could go any of several ways and not be horribly incorrect.