Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Gracz rips police after bust (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499324)

blutarski 09-12-2007 07:30 AM

Gracz rips police after bust

Gracz wonders why the police aren't out chasing sexual predators.

KneeCo 09-12-2007 07:45 AM

Re: Gracz rips police after bust

And now 'Horrible Arguments' with Michael Gracz

1) In a legal system where police enforce the law, but do nothing to do with making the law, if you don't agree with a law, you should attack the police.

2) If two things are illegal, enforcing the lesser crime of the two = stupid.

3) If something is legal, within "hours" of a given jurisdiction, making it illegal in that jurisdiction = stupid. Basically, passing a law against anything but piracy in any coastal region is dumb ('But I could just get a boat and go toward international waters! Stupid cops').

Master77 09-12-2007 08:14 AM

Yeah, horrible...the next night the NC State police busted a retirees nickel stakes bridge game and some 8 year olds playing jacks for marbles!

The pigs should be ashamed of themselves. Pick on some real criminals.

[ QUOTE ]
And now 'Horrible Arguments' with Michael Gracz

1) In a legal system where police enforce the law, but do nothing to do with making the law, if you don't agree with a law, you should attack the police.

2) If two things are illegal, enforcing the lesser crime of the two = stupid.

3) If something is legal, within "hours" of a given jurisdiction, making it illegal in that jurisdiction = stupid. Basically, passing a law against anything but piracy in any coastal region is dumb ('But I could just get a boat and go toward international waters! Stupid cops').

[/ QUOTE ]

mattnxtc 09-12-2007 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Although skills such as knowledge of human psychology, bluffing, and the ability to calculate and analyze odds make it more likely for skilled players to defeat novices, novices may yet prevail with a simple run of luck," the appeals opinion said. "No amount of skill can change a deuce into an ace."

[/ QUOTE ]

Most interesting part of the article was this justification for ruling poker a game of chance.

Master77 09-12-2007 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Although skills such as knowledge of human psychology, bluffing, and the ability to calculate and analyze odds make it more likely for skilled players to defeat novices, novices may yet prevail with a simple run of luck," the appeals opinion said. "No amount of skill can change a deuce into an ace."

[/ QUOTE ]

Most interesting part of the article was this justification for ruling poker a game of chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's great that the government considers it a game of chance, but at the same time taxes it as earned income. Doesn't the term 'earned' have an implication of skill?

btmagnetw 09-12-2007 08:51 AM

no, thats why lotteries are taxed. durr?

ALLEN BOND 09-12-2007 10:34 AM

His argument is pathetic.

mr.bum 09-12-2007 10:49 AM

http://www.aolcdn.com/aolnews_photos...11175509990001
i am 110% sure this guy sold me my bible...he seemed like such a nice young boy.i find it very hard to believe he is mixed up in the evil pokers.WWJD?not take part in a game of chance. amen.

LuckyTxGuy 09-12-2007 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"The point is it is illegal," he said. "The analogy is if you catch someone smoking marijuana they say why aren't you trying to get a coke or heroin dealer. The law is the law and it's not up to ALE to systematically chose the laws we enforce."

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it's dumb...but you can't blame the cops. Blame the people who put the laws on the books.

BuddyQ 09-12-2007 12:29 PM

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah it's great that the government considers it a game of chance, but at the same time taxes it as earned income. Doesn't the term 'earned' have an implication of skill?

[/ QUOTE ]

Income tax is not limited to 'earned' income.
Income 'from whatever source derived' is subject to the tax, yes, even income resulting from a crime.
Al Capone went to Alcatraz for tax evasion.