Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I turned the nuts (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499108)

bennyhana 09-11-2007 11:53 PM

I turned the nuts

Sorry to post a nut hand, but I don't think I played this right.

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero???

Wetdog 09-11-2007 11:54 PM

Re: I turned the nuts

Calls for the overcalls.

sean c 09-11-2007 11:56 PM

No way both fold. 3-bet all day.

Buzz-cp 09-11-2007 11:56 PM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm my feeling is that they will call 2 more hoping to fill up or fill that sad 1-card flush draw.

Bigka79 09-11-2007 11:57 PM

yep i call here so that the other two call. then on the river u will have to use ur judgement as to where the most value is.

probably on the river ull either want to bet out, or c/r button if you assume that the BB and MP wont call ur bet out on a river.

CrMenace 09-11-2007 11:57 PM

Jam it. You only need one cold caller or a button reraise for jamming to be right.

Also, didn't you just see the BBB post that slowplaying is never right?

BigBadBabar 09-11-2007 11:57 PM

lol? i don't get it -- is this a trick?

ps. 3bet

MrWookie 09-12-2007 12:01 AM

Wetdog, Bigka,

What is the probability, in your estimation, that a player in the middle will call a single bet?

What is the probability, in your estimation, that a player will call two bets?

How often does button each call, raise, or fold if we 3bet?

One of you guys, use these estimations to prove to me mathematically that calling is better than 3-betting.

Bigka79 09-12-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wetdog, Bigka,

What is the probability, in your estimation, that a player in the middle will call a single bet?

What is the probability, in your estimation, that a player will call two bets?

How often does button each call, raise, or fold if we 3bet?

One of you guys, use these estimations to prove to me mathematically that calling is better than 3-betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly, i think i might be wrong here. i might have to retract my previous statement.

i say they both call the one bet 6 times out of 10.

i also say that one calls the 3-bet 3 times out of 10.

button is probably only folding 1-10, calling 7-10, capping 2-10

when the person in middle calls 2 and button calls, were already showing a bigger profit (i.e. one bet) than we would by getting both to cold call 2. obviously if button raises we show the biggest profit because we get 2 bets of dead money more in the pot.

however if we conditionally take into account that there could possibly be 7 river cards (spades, this is discounting out the two we got, 3 on board) that could pay us off. however i think this chance is totally negated by the fact we can only squeeze one bet from a villian river as we have the top 2 flush cards in our hand and no one will be able to make a raise with a small flush.

so i think that once we can discount the river due to a call of one bet on the turn not netting more value on the river.

with all these scenarios being played out i think we have to 3-bet. there really isnt any other way and i was wrong when i said it b4. i think i have been playing situations like this wrong in the past. glad i worked that out

bozlax 09-12-2007 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol? i don't get it -- is this a trick?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear uncomfortable laughter rippling around the room, kind of like when your boss gets drunk and tells the joke about the two hookers and the priest at your company Christmas party.