Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   2/4 HU AJo, 2 pair, river decision (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497688)

PhatPots 09-10-2007 10:41 AM

2/4 HU AJo, 2 pair, river decision

The Villain has been raise on the button about 9/10 times to which I have almost always been 3-betting or folding. Villain has been calling large re-raises about 80% of the time. I was 3-betting to $36, but he called just everyone single one, so I began to raise to $40 which he still calls.

He has been calling down very light, he will never fold a flop if he connects at all. Seems to be a lot more passive post flop and aggressive preflop. He is up 1.5 buy-ins on me

I have about $850 and Villain has $1100

Preflop: Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB
<font color="red">Villain raise to $12, Hero re-raise to $40</font>, villain calls

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets $55</font>, Villain calls

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets $135</font>, Villain calls

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero?

I think this is a value bet, but if I bet say 1/2 pot, do I call a shove? Or should I check-raise a/i? Villain needs to have at least an Ace here, unless he could have something like a smaller two pair?

I'll post what happened after I have some feedback

capone0 09-10-2007 10:43 AM

Re: 2/4 HU AJo, 2 pair, river decision

What do you beat? Ax? KQ. I'd lead 1/2 but fold to a shove.

Hattifnatt 09-10-2007 10:47 AM

more on flop and turn. ugly river, I dunno, c/c woulda been a good alt if he was more aggro postflop.

aditya 09-10-2007 10:49 AM

b/f. Based on what you described, he can have soooooo many 2 pair hands that you beat. However, if he is the opponent that would raise all in as a bluff on this river, I lead towards c/c.

freeucm 09-10-2007 10:49 AM

I think we check river

schwza 09-10-2007 11:20 AM

i like bet-fold. there are a million stupid 2 pair combos that he'll call with but won't bet for you if you check. if he's willing to turn a hand with showdown value into a bluff then he gets to win the pot, because if he pushes he's going to show up with a T a very high % of the time.

if you thought he would bluff or vbet thin when checked to i would like c/c.

PhatPots 09-10-2007 01:12 PM

I ended up check calling a bet of $200 and he showed KK for a set of kings