Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   River spot with trips (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497683)

cgrohman 09-10-2007 10:25 AM

River spot with trips

Villian is terrible in a special way. He plays 75% of his hands. He limps 90 percent and raises 10 percent and his pre-flop raises are always legit.

On the flop he will donk any pair/draw and usually call down. With absolutely no hand he will call the flop and then fold on the turn if he doesn't pick up a pair/draw. Yes, that's right he NEVER folds on the flop. Ever. Doesn't matter what he has.

He limps in the cutoff, I bump A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button and we take a flop heads up.

Flop

J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He donks, I raise, he calls

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Lovely. He checks, I bet, he calls.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet, he checkraises, wtf???

It almost seems as though he thought about this c/r and planned it and stuff. This requires thinking which I have not seem him exhibit before. I am pretty sure he would have folded 22 on the turn.

Munchkin Mayor 09-10-2007 10:55 AM

Re: River spot with trips

He has 10,9 off. Reraise.

KitCloudkicker 09-10-2007 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He has 10,9 off. Reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

we calling if taken to 4 town?

Yads 09-10-2007 11:28 AM

How passive is he? I'm thinking to 3 bet and fold to 4 unless he's especially aggressive. It looks like he has trips and waited till the river to make sure a heart didn't come off.

BeakWetter 09-10-2007 12:38 PM

I'm 3 betting and calling a 4th bet. There are no straights or flushes out there so a villian as described is thinking a hand like K9 or Q9 is "the nuts" enough of the time to call that 4th bet.

cgrohman 09-10-2007 01:06 PM

I think if this dude 4 bets me I am toast.

ship it pls 09-10-2007 01:11 PM

cgro, sounds as if you may be toast if he goes 4, but are you more than 93% confident - tough to be with that line, i'd call 4 and hope its some weaker 9 or a chop, or he thinks J2 outdrew your AA

cgrohman 09-10-2007 05:00 PM

I guess may main question was shoudl I raise in the 1st place? What exactly is his range? I have made any corgeous folds that he observed so it would be a pretty random bluff. I can beat Q9 or K9, but wouldn't a normal opponenet check raise these on the turn. Does he have something that a) I beat and b) pays me off if I go 3??

counterspell 09-10-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he thinks J2 outdrew your AA

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my first thought.

AragornX151 09-10-2007 06:29 PM

3-bet and call a 4-bet. He could easily have any nine to 4-town if you think it seems planned out. If he 4-bets, he probably has K9+, but you still have to call; you can NEVER fold big trips to this type of moron whose thought processes are impossible to decipher by us normal folks. I'd rather just call the c/r than 3-bet/fold to 4.

Anyway, I think you're unlikely to get 4-bet. You're almost always ahead of a weaker 9. J9 and J5s are legit concerns but just two of a slew of hands you crush.