Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Teaser NFL WEEK 1 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=496908)

Meeks2 09-09-2007 05:49 AM

Teaser NFL WEEK 1

I looking at a four team, 12 point teaser:

Denver @ Buffalo: Denver +10
Steelers @ Browms: Steelers +8.5
Patriots @ Jets : Pats +6.5
Bucs @ Seattle: Hawks +7

good bet?

rsigley 09-09-2007 09:55 AM

Re: Teaser NFL WEEK 1

nope

Meeks2 09-09-2007 10:37 PM

Of course its a good bet. I covered all spreads by atleast 8 points today and I am 6-1 this year at teasers. know your roll donk

brendanb438 09-09-2007 10:52 PM

OP how about you go and jump off a bridge TARD.

Continue to cross the zero with these DONK teasers. You will go broke you DONKEY.

siccjay 09-09-2007 10:56 PM

Looked like a pretty good bet to me.

kdog 09-09-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course its a good bet

[/ QUOTE ]

No, bad bets can win too and fortunately for you that's what happened in this case. Here are some reasons it was a bad bet:
1- 4 team 12 pt teasers are -EV to start with
2- on all 4 of these games you wasted a point crossing the 0
3- even with 12 pts/game you failed to capture the 7 with NE and only got half of it on another game

Meeks2 09-10-2007 12:16 AM

Bad Bet?

[censored] the -EV
there was no way possible that i could lose.
All of these teams with these spreads were absolutly without a doubt locks. There was no way that the favorites here were not going to cover getting atleast a touch down. They didn't even need the points they all covered by a huge margin, didnt even have to sweat one game out. I'll take this bet all day. Like i said i'm 6-1 this year playing this type of teasers. Now In college football where there is a larger varience in scoring margins, then yeah its tougher. But the favorite getting a touch down or more in the NFL is money in the bank. So you can keep hating on the odds but you can't deny the results.

B-P-L 09-10-2007 01:38 AM

I agree with Meeks. I understand the theoretical reasons as to why this bet 'might' be -eV. But c'mon, those were all LOCKS.

ActionTodd 09-10-2007 09:31 AM

so how much did you bet?
and how much did you win?

prad 09-10-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad Bet?

[censored] the -EV
there was no way possible that i could lose.
All of these teams with these spreads were absolutly without a doubt locks. There was no way that the favorites here were not going to cover getting atleast a touch down. They didn't even need the points they all covered by a huge margin, didnt even have to sweat one game out. I'll take this bet all day. Like i said i'm 6-1 this year playing this type of teasers. Now In college football where there is a larger varience in scoring margins, then yeah its tougher. But the favorite getting a touch down or more in the NFL is money in the bank. So you can keep hating on the odds but you can't deny the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

If these were such locks then it would have been better to bet all 4 straight up. There are no such things as 4 locks in one week of NFL football, even when teased to 12 pts. These are fun to sweat, but I wouldn't plan on consistently building your roll with this these plays.