Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   How to play TPGK and flush draw (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495839)

betgo 09-07-2007 03:32 PM

How to play TPGK and flush draw

$1K live MTT. Round 1, original stacks 7K, blinds 25/50. I raise to 150 in 3rd position with KQs and SB calls. Flop comes K85 with a 2-flush and SB leads out for 200. What should I do?

g-p 09-07-2007 03:35 PM

Re: How to play TPGK and flush draw

call call call but bet when checked to

NYWalker 09-07-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$1K live MTT. Round 1, original stacks 7K, blinds 25/50. I raise to 150 in 3rd position with KQs and SB calls. Flop comes K85 with a 2-flush and SB leads out for 200. What should I do?

[/ QUOTE ]
(I assume you have TPGK and flush draw. Early in that level, I would just call and see the turn. KJ,KT would bet again on most turns. You keep pot small to avoid paying off AK)

Mi_T_Sharp 09-07-2007 03:56 PM

Calling is fine. But, I don't mind taking control and building a little pot here on the flop.

Raising to 650 is good. It may induce the SB to check the turn if you miss. It doesn't cost that much of your stack, the SB will usually just call or fold, and it disguises your flush if you hit against most players. So, if you miss the flush on the turn, you can hopefully keep the pot small by checking behind. In that case, the SB may bet a lot of rivers, some where you have him crushed. If you hit the flush, this way you are building up a nice big pot where the SB may not beleive you have it.

betgo 09-07-2007 03:58 PM

Sorry, I had a flush draw and the flop was actually Q85.

GreatKerblini 09-07-2007 04:17 PM

I assume no reads. I would just call here to disguise your strength. No need to build a big pot here early on + u dont want to lose him if he has a weaker K. Also, what would ur plan be if he b3b's u?

FakeKramer 09-07-2007 04:36 PM

I probably raise here, but I don't think calling is worse than raising.

Mench 09-07-2007 05:59 PM

is he old or young. if old raise, take initiative, let him call down with a worse flushdraw or queen, if he is the type that might bet/3bet then call.

betgo 09-07-2007 06:01 PM

Villain is about 60. He is not a tight player though.

I wouldn't mind if an aggressive player 3-bet, as I wouldn't mind pushing then.

mikeJ 09-07-2007 06:28 PM

Super easy flop call.

If you raise, you open yourself up to get 3-bet, and if the money goes in that way, you are getting your money in behind the majority of the time. If you're 3-bet/folding, then you just blew yourself out of the pot where you had position and @ least 9 outs to winner on turn.

I would only raise flop vs. a station/overaggro tard.