Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   10NL trip AAA, but am I ahead? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495549)

MrWooster 09-07-2007 04:02 AM

10NL trip AAA, but am I ahead?

Only 9 hands on villain so no stats, but he is loose and semi-passive.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($18.65)
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($7)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($9.85)</font>
SB ($12.45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.6</font>, UTG calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.15) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3.3</font>, I really want to shove here - but...... an A is in the calling range of villain, and the c/r is very strong so he must have a made hand. He is obviously not scared of the A so either he has an A in which case I am either splitting or 50/50 or he has a set.... I am getting mega odds to call, so I think a call is certain, but do you call and c/f river or shove hoping TT,JJ,KK...

stonescar 09-07-2007 04:06 AM

Re: 10NL trip AAA, but am I ahead?

I'm thinking that you're either way ahead or way behind in this situation - he could have a set, or outkick you. If the river is a high card you might split. The problem with shoving here is that you're just getting called by the hands that beat you, and a couple you are likely to split with. Your plan has to extract the most from the hands you beat, without paying him off to much when he is ahead. I would call this raise, and reevaluate on the river.

MrWooster 09-07-2007 04:16 AM

I agree with the above - as you say, I don't think many hands I beat will call a shove... I guess the best line is to call and call a small river bet.

guitarizt 09-07-2007 04:34 AM

I'd call the turn and call a river shove. If he checks the river I'd check behind.

wire 09-07-2007 04:47 AM

I think you're up against AT, AJ or a slowplayed AQ.

Genz 09-07-2007 05:03 AM

You can't bet that turn without knowing if you want to get it all-in against this guy. If you hate a c/r here, check behind and call a river bet. Only bet if you want to felt it at this point.

Edit: I don't mean to say that the bet is bad. But you should have thought about what you do when you are c/r'ed before you bet and then you should have thought about the probability that you are c/r'ed. Against an unknown, I'd probably default to bet, but I'd like a wetter flop much more for that.

Genz 09-07-2007 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking that you're either way ahead or way behind in this situation

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the way behind part, but I don't agree with the way ahead part. Of what made hand that might do this is OP way ahead? KQ? KK that thinks another A makes is less likely that OP has one? Smaller Aces? Without a read, I think that OP is either way behind or up against a (semi-)bluff.

MrWooster 09-07-2007 05:41 AM

yeah - this was a tough one - I can't see myself not betting the turn here with trips, but maybe my thinking was a bit scewey, I think a call of the c/r and c/f river would have been best - he had 33 FWIW

terencetsao 09-07-2007 10:30 AM

any hand below AQ.. u will get a chop (on the turn)
and since UTG is semi passive, he might limp in AQ or AK UTG?

id call and call a small bet on the river.

dnord 09-07-2007 10:36 AM

I try to control the pot here and am sometimes shown frustrated PP / middle pair. If things get hot I am capable of folding on the river. PT shows I suck at playing trips so I'm trying to cool down with them.